Not sure...

Options
2»

Replies

• Lunnaku
    Lunnaku Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are all so very kind, thank you so much. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    As you get smaller, the number of calories you'll need to continue losing weight will decrease. At your current weight, that number is accurate. The larger you are, the more you burn to maintain your current size. So even subtracting a portion of that in order to lose weight, the number is still higher than that of a small person. Just make sure you keep up with the updated number as you lose, so as not to plateau.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    I'm so sorry that financial issues are effecting your health decisions. Surgery is available on the NHS here in Britain and becoming routine and popular.
    But I'm pleased to hear that you have the help of a dietician. You are young and you have your whole life ahead of you.
    Fix your thoughts on a successful diet and the fact that you'll NEVER let yourself re-gain the weight again.
    Good luck and best wishes.

Bariatric surgery should be a last resort, not a routine solution. Why you would even mention it to someone who is trying to do it the old fashioned way and doesn't even say they're struggling yet is confounding. I was a candidate for surgery. I've gone from "morbidly obese" to "overweight" using MFP.

Definitely agree.

I think it's sad that weight loss surgery has become "routine and popular". I'm not familiar with the NHS, does this mean the surgery is free??
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lunnaku wrote: »
    5"9', 420, 28, male. Yeah I know. I'm gross.

You're not gross at all, Lunnaku. You're awesome for doing all you can to get healthy and live the best life you can. It's hard to tame those bad thoughts of yourself, I know. I used to say the most horrible things to myself. Then a friend told me, "Don't say those things about my friend. Would you say that to anybody else?" No way on God's green earth would I have ever said anything like that about anybody else, so why was I doing it to myself? It took a long, long time for me to break the habit, but it helped so very much in my journey of weight loss. Be kind to yourself, Lunnaku! And welcome to MFP. :)

5229779.png
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    I'm so sorry that financial issues are effecting your health decisions. Surgery is available on the NHS here in Britain and becoming routine and popular.
    But I'm pleased to hear that you have the help of a dietician. You are young and you have your whole life ahead of you.
    Fix your thoughts on a successful diet and the fact that you'll NEVER let yourself re-gain the weight again.
    Good luck and best wishes.

Bariatric surgery should be a last resort, not a routine solution. Why you would even mention it to someone who is trying to do it the old fashioned way and doesn't even say they're struggling yet is confounding. I was a candidate for surgery. I've gone from "morbidly obese" to "overweight" using MFP.

Definitely agree.

I think it's sad that weight loss surgery has become "routine and popular". I'm not familiar with the NHS, does this mean the surgery is free??

If a patient qualifies for the surgery then it would be free on the NHS, but there are waiting lists and quite strict criteria to meet first. Its certainly NOT routine and popular, I can only think of one person I know of who's had it done and in her case it wasn't even a success.