First time that someone noticed that I have lost weight yesterday...well kind of

Options
well last time I weighed myself I had lost 1st 6lbs no one has mentioned anything to me up until yesterday.

I saw my mom and she said to me 'have you lost weight?' I just kind of shrugged and said I don't know, she continued with 'I think you have lost weight, its that or its the light in here'

after a pause of a few seconds she delivered the killer blow 'just ignore me, its definitely the light'

Replies

• mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There is no killer blow here. Its just motherly disbelief and negativism. Its in the last chapter of the Mothering Rule book (this gets delivered to your house the day after you give birth, you must sign an agreement to return it to the Society of Mothers before your child becomes a teenager and finds it).
    Jokes Aside. There was a change... she noticed it. This weightloss is about you and for you. External Affirmation is a bonus but not to be relied on. If you lost weight, you know you can do it. Your in control. The more internal and external affirmation you get, the more it will amplify your drive. If you lost weight, you want it bad enough. You go girl. There is no magic, just daily dedication and slow learning alot about food, portions, nutrition and your own body. You are just as capable of success (and stumbling and getting back on the horse) as anyone on this weightloss app, you just dont know it yet.
  • leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow big motivational post there, when I said she delivered the killer blow it was just a joke, I intended it as a bit of a light hearted post
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    leebirm wrote: »
    Wow big motivational post there, when I said she delivered the killer blow it was just a joke, I intended it as a bit of a light hearted post

With text, no one can notice the sarcasm or joke. Especially around here when most people in your shoes complain and want reassurance, and there really wasn't indication of lightheartedness in my opinion. So don't be too surprised.

But my mom pulls that crap all the time. For awhile she would say I would get fat by eating something to the other extreme of saying how all her friends think I'm anorexic now. I just shrug it off because it's as ridiculous as it sounds.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care if anyone notices anymore. Since I'm going for an athletic look, when they do comment, it will probably be negative. "You are too thin!" Or "You are too muscular! It doesn't look good on a woman...". Yeah, I don't want to be pretty, I want to be strong.

I live in a town where 90% of the people are old and overweight. So them seeing me change would probably be a scare since they are used to the overweight me. I'd just tell them " My body my rules." And leave it at that.

Of course, on the small chance that the comment may be positive, I'll be happy to hear the encouragement. :smile:
  • katieann522
    katieann522 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey! why to go! losing weight is hard. keep up the good daily trying.