When you get drunk and eat a bunch of chocolate cake at a party...

Options
...but barely regret is because you had such a good time.

Anyone else have these days every now and again? I'm generally very good about tracking what I eat and eating in a deficit but sometimes I just don't care and want to have a day of just fun. I could have gone off the rails a lot more than I did, but I know I won't see any weight gain because it didn't wipe out my weekly deficit.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Regularly...but not with cake...I'm not a cake guy.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I basically bank calories for this to happen.. Because Jameson becomes my best friend every Friday night.

Even when I don't bank, it's 100% worth it. Unless I have a hangover. Then mistakes were made.
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Regularly...but not with cake...I'm not a cake guy.

I'm usually more of a savoury foods or ice cream person...but my friend bought a really fancy cake from patisserie valerie and I couldn't say no because it looked SO good. And it was, since I don't usually like chocolate cake that much.
  • SophieSmall95
    edited August 2016
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    I basically bank calories for this to happen.. Because Jameson becomes my best friend every Friday night.

Even when I don't bank, it's 100% worth it. Unless I have a hangover. Then mistakes were made.

Banking the calories is something I'd do during maintenance, but when trying to lose weight I can't bank enough to have a proper night and still consistently lose. So I just lose about a week of loss and live with it. So long as I don't gain it's fine by me.

I do have a horrid hangover today though :( so having a maintenance day
  • SophieSmall95
    Options
    There are plenty of regrettable things you can do when you're drunk. Cake would definitely be the least of my worries.

haha very true, thankfully I don't do bad things when drunk.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

Banking the calories is something I'd do during maintenance, but when trying to lose weight I can't bank enough to have a proper night and still consistently lose. So I just lose about a week of loss and live with it. So long as I don't gain it's fine by me.

Same here. I guess I should've specified that I will bank exercise calories. Cutting any more daily calories and I might end up killing something. Add Jameson to that and who knows what would happen. :lol:

Hope the hangover doesn't last long. If anything, that's the only regrettable thing for me haha.

• SophieSmall95
    Options

Same here. I guess I should've specified that I will bank exercise calories. Cutting any more daily calories and I might end up killing something. Add Jameson to that and who knows what would happen. :lol:

Hope the hangover doesn't last long. If anything, that's the only regrettable thing for me haha.

haha I was on beer, if I'd been on spirits I would have intaken less calories but I just wanted some beer. :P

Trying to be more active to bank for activity calorie. Gym isn't an option for me for expense reason atm...i also just don't like it because I find it incredibly boring. So trying to get into more hiking. Just trying to find some people to hike with as I get anxious going alone, but love the activity itself.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm more a beer and pizza guy with the occasional bowl of ice cream
  • SophieSmall95
    Options
    KinkJarfld wrote: »
    Calories don't count when you're drunk. Just sayin.....

Oh how I wish this was true :D
  • SophieSmall95
    edited August 2016
    Options

It was at a bbq party so there were many temptations, but it was the cake that got me
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I always feel happier after an IDGAF day.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

It was a bbq party so there were many temptations, but it was the cake that got me

Oh great! Now, I'm thinking about BBQ!
  • SophieSmall95
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I always feel happier after an IDGAF day.

I'd feel happier if I didn't feel nauseous as hell :disappointed: haha my own fault really, should have drank more water or something in between beers.
  • SophieSmall95
    Options

It was a bbq party so there were many temptations, but it was the cake that got me

Oh great! Now, I'm thinking about BBQ!

BBQs are great :D
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I've never been drunk so I can't use it as an excuse for overindulging. I do however sometimes enjoy a high calorie treat that takes me well over my daily goal. Yesterday's dinner was an fine example. I downed an entire large thin crust pizza. Granted mostly veggies on top. (Spinach artichoke mushroom and sausage) It was delicious. I have no regrets. Since I had a few under budget days last week I more or less stayed on target although the sodium is going to make the scale say otherwise for a few days.

No regrets.
  • SophieSmall95
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I've never been drunk so I can't use it as an excuse for overindulging. I do however sometimes enjoy a high calorie treat that takes me well over my daily goal. Yesterday's dinner was an fine example. I downed an entire large thin crust pizza. Granted mostly veggies on top. (Spinach artichoke mushroom and sausage) It was delicious. I have no regrets. Since I had a few under budget days last week I more or less stayed on target although the sodium is going to make the scale say otherwise for a few days.

No regrets.

We still quite regularly have pizza in our house trying to lose weight. We'll just have half each of a European sized pizza which is about 12" each. And thankfully we only like thin crust so it's lower calorie :p bbq chicken is my favourite.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

We still quite regularly have pizza in our house trying to lose weight. We'll just have half each of a European sized pizza which is about 12" each. And thankfully we only like thin crust so it's lower calorie :p bbq chicken is my favourite.

Don't get me wrong I have pizza fairly often. Just not a whole pie to myself. There isn't anything I don't eat including chocolate cake.

• SophieSmall95
    Options

Don't get me wrong I have pizza fairly often. Just not a whole pie to myself. There isn't anything I don't eat including chocolate cake.

I don't tend to buy/eat dessert at all when trying to lose weight, because the calories just aren't worth it for me. They're a maintenance food for me.