Seemingly surprising weight gain?

Options
Since summer break for school started mid May until now I've gained about 8-10 pounds. When school ended I had just gotten out of the hospital where I went from 114/115 pounds to 110 which seemed to last a while. Maybe that wasn't really weight loss. However my activity level has always been high. I don't do much other than walk but I walk for 8 or so miles a day and since Pokemon go came out I've had days where I walk over 16. In the past this has always helped me maintain my weight. I have been just now considering getting back into counting calories for the school year, but I've not personally recognized a difference in my diet from May to now. Having previously used this app for months and months I have a general idea of calories in food. I personally calculate anywhere from 1200-1800 a day which I don't consider necessarily bad.
However .
I have been drinking probably 2-3 times a week until I'm drunk which is probably 600 or so calories just in alcohol.
I'm 118 pounds right now and I'm 5'1" so not currently overweight.
I would just appreciate comments and opinions on my situation to know what you guys think.
Also I'm just now starting a running regimen and am planning to start full body workouts when I have access to my school's gym.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You're small so your margins for accidental over-eating are also tighter. The drinking and natural portion creep could easily tip you over into gaining rather than maintaining or losing. But without logging you can't really know where you are, humans are notoriously inaccurate at self reporting anything, including food intake.

It's also looking up what you've been drinking. 1 bottle of wine is 500 calories or there abouts but beers more and spirits mixed with full sugar sodas and juices a lot more.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This^. Yep, calorie creep