Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Tilapia tastes like dirt to me. The one fish I cannot eat.

Same here. I love most fish/seafood (and love most of them best raw, as in sashimi/sushi!), but can't stand tilapia. Yuck.

As to the OP - if you don't like fish, don't eat it. Nothing says you have to eat fish to lose weight or be healthy.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna isn't the best tasting fish out there. I agree with what others have said about getting fresh fish cooked properly. I don't mind canned tuna, but it has to be as a part of a recipe, usually with some kind of sauce with it.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Me too! I hate tilapia. But ahi!! yummy

Heh, I'm with you too. I often feel like I'm the only one who hates tilapia given how often it gets recommended, but then I remember it's so frequently recommended as fish for people who don't like fish, and I love fish, so!

Tilapia is for people who don't life fish!! LOL A white fish like halibut is good for people who don't care for fish. Halibut baked with some butter and lemon, awesomeness.

The only thing that beats halibut to me is swordfish - delicious, grilled swordfish is heavenly.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above on Tilapia. I've buried the taste in a puttanesca, and that's the only way I can choke it down.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I also really thought I was the only one who hated tilapia. Good to know I'm not alone.

Heh, I'm with you too. I often feel like I'm the only one who hates tilapia given how often it gets recommended, but then I remember it's so frequently recommended as fish for people who don't like fish, and I love fish, so!

Tilapia is for people who don't life fish!! LOL A white fish like halibut is good for people who don't care for fish. Halibut baked with some butter and lemon, awesomeness.

The only thing about halibut is it is very easy to overcook and dry out.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »

The only thing that beats halibut to me is swordfish - delicious, grilled swordfish is heavenly.

I love swordfish!
    I also really thought I was the only one who hated tilapia. Good to know I'm not alone.

The only thing about halibut is it is very easy to overcook and dry out.

Over cooked halibut es no bueno. Or any fish for that matter. Seared ahi tuna is good too.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love tuna but I don't really like fresh fish so I eat a bunch of canned tuna. I recommend finding something you can eat. Like shrimp. But there are non meat sources of omega 3s like flax. Or even take a supplement.
  • gainerpal
    gainerpal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Could pickup some fish oil liquid softgels..?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do take fish oil most mornings.
    I rarely have fish. Sometimes hubby cooks some for himself and I eat something else.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i hate fish... hated it as a child hates it as an adult. dont eat it.