It's a hot day, you're thirsty, and you stop at the convenience store...

Options

Replies

• hikernut53
    hikernut53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always have a bottle of water in my car, so if I want something "special" it is likely going to be a diet (or plain unsweetened) ice tea. Sometimes I'll go all out and get a SOBE 0 calorie drink. If I'm at Costco, it's either water or the low cal "lemonade." I gave up sodas a few years ago, so that is no longer an option.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If I'm thirsty? Water.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    If they have a cold San Pellegrino in that fridge - that would be great - or any other sparkling/soda-type water with lime or whatever.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Return2Fit wrote: »
    What drink are you grabbing?
    I refill my water bottle from their sink....

Being that vagrants and probably crackheads generally frequent these places I'm going to say yuck to this one.
    haha - so true!
    And you can also tell much about an establishment by virtue of what they sell in the restroom vending machines - OUCH - and I'm still stealing their water!
    B)

I would probably shoplift a water rather than use their sink if that's the case :lol:

To answer OP: a BOTTLED water and diet Dr. Pepper. And some Slim Jims.

What kind of convenience stores are you going to where you can't just dispense some water from their soda fountain for free?

Soda fountains?

One of these
    22-1-00707-91jfknokbl4-600x450.jpg

There is almost always a button or lever to dispense plain water from one. You can see one here right below the lemonade dispenser.

Apparently this is very important to you :lol:

She had a question and I clarified. Thought it was polite to answer her question and might be helpful to someone who, like you, thinks that the soda always comes out premixed. Just in case you're ever in an awkward financial position, need some water, and thought you'd actually shoplift instead of just "joking" about it.

Mkay. Hope your day gets better :)
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Why pay for overpriced items at a convenience store? I'll be over at McDonald's for $1 drink days, sucking back the biggest Coke Zero they have.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Being that vagrants and probably crackheads generally frequent these places I'm going to say yuck to this one.
    haha - so true!
    And you can also tell much about an establishment by virtue of what they sell in the restroom vending machines - OUCH - and I'm still stealing their water!
    B)

I would probably shoplift a water rather than use their sink if that's the case :lol:

What kind of convenience stores are you going to where you can't just dispense some water from their soda fountain for free?

Soda fountains?

One of these

There is almost always a button or lever to dispense plain water from one. You can see one here right below the lemonade dispenser.

She had a question and I clarified. Thought it was polite to answer her question and might be helpful to someone who, like you, thinks that the soda always comes out premixed. Just in case you're ever in an awkward financial position, need some water, and thought you'd actually shoplift instead of just "joking" about it.

I wouldn't assume the store had a soda fountain. That's actually how I interpreted "soda fountain?" but maybe you are right and she didn't recognize the US term for it. I don't know what they are called elsewhere.

Even in a 7-11 with one I wouldn't assume I could just go in and use it without buying something. If I have a bottle with me I could refill, I'd find a water fountain, as I know where the outdoor ones are around my area. (Or buy a bottle, as is more likely what I'd do if I am in a store already, especially since I don't walk around carrying bottles.)
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Water or sugar free iced tea, lots of ice in a big mug I carry with me. Our local convenience store/gas station has fresh fruit, plus a great selection of energy bars.
  • tehngarth
    tehngarth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I should get water, but too often I get a diet soda
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Guess I'm the only one (so far) who would look for one of the "throw back" or "retro" sugar based sodas/pops if I wanted something cold, sweet, and carbonated to drink and drink 1-2 servings of it.

If I can't find one of those types of soft drinks I end up filling my Nalgene at some free water source, be it the soda fountain machine, a water fountain, a bathroom tap, or the outside faucet. Hasn't kilt me off yet, nor given me a disease of public health concern.

I would rather suffer heat exhaustion/stroke than drink a diet carbonated beverage. So gross to me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Drinking a peach-pear LaCroix now. Reminds me that I might get something like that. Refreshing.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Vitamin water zero lemonade
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max, unless it's late in the day (I only drink caffeine in the mornings), in which case I'd get something like Sprite Zero / Diet 7up / Diet Sierra Mist.
  • Alluminati
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

haha - so true!
    B)

Soda fountains?

One of these

I wouldn't assume the store had a soda fountain. That's actually how I interpreted "soda fountain?" but maybe you are right and she didn't recognize the US term for it. I don't know what they are called elsewhere.

Even in a 7-11 with one I wouldn't assume I could just go in and use it without buying something. If I have a bottle with me I could refill, I'd find a water fountain, as I know where the outdoor ones are around my area. (Or buy a bottle, as is more likely what I'd do if I am in a store already, especially since I don't walk around carrying bottles.)

All legitimate options, and preferable to filling a water bottle in a gas station bathroom or shoplifting. :)

Lol. Amazing. This still bothering you?
    tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Coors light
  • Alluminati
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sarcasm meters must be broken around here :neutral:
  • Alluminati
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

haha - so true!
    B)

Soda fountains?

One of these

All legitimate options, and preferable to filling a water bottle in a gas station bathroom or shoplifting. :)

Lol. Amazing. This still bothering you?
    tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

This is at least the second time you've responded to posts of mine where I've been talking to other people.
    ze0zpvh956168627c6620285709576.gif

Cause your talking about a comment I made? And in case you don't know, MFP sends notifications on threads you comment in.

I said to another poster (notyou)that I would rather shoplift water (free)and risk being thrown in jail rather than drink from a sink (free)where a crackhead probably bathed and you seemed to take offense, which is amusing, actually.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I never buy beverages when I'm out, I either take water with me if I know I'll be out for a while, or wait till I get home.

Excellent self control. That's the way it should be.
  • alpacalypsia
    alpacalypsia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just water! The bubbles in sparkling water don't sit well with me, and juices/flavored drinks actually tend to make me even thirstier :(
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Angelajeanmcmahan85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Water, topo Pico mineral water if I'm hauling loads n the tx summer heat... or tropicana apple juice during winter occasionally
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    if im actually thirsty water 100% of the time. if i just want something to drink beer, vitamin water, foutain soda becauaw fountain soda is heaven.