I need to start moving (walking at first and then stairs, etc...)

I had surgery in January and ever since, my body aches very much all the time.
I need to start walking and just getting out of this ugly rut that I'm in. So here I go!!

Replies

• KingMeme123
    KingMeme123 Posts: 7 Member
    Walking is easily the best thing anyone can do for good health. Intense cardio/weightlifting is good but doesn't heal your joints and calm your mind like simply going for a walk. Best of luck!
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Just had fusion in January and a decompression two weeks ago. Walking is all I can really do right now too. Trying to get of the pain meds, stop bingeing on crap and maybe even go to the gentle water fit at the seniors centre...I'm 55 but they let me anyways :smile:
  • LSueA
    LSueA Posts: 2 Member
    I have been sick on and off for the past eleven years. Not able to do much exercise due to sitting and not being able to breath well. I have discovered Yoga. I attend a class three days a week for seniors and beginners. I am gaining strength and feeling much better without hurting.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Swimming can help too, if you have access to a pool. I walk and strength train most days, but I suffer from chronic widespread pain. I find swimming a couple of times per week helps me stretch more and feel better generally, especially when I am stiffer after walking.
  • jenngilmore4416
    jenngilmore4416 Posts: 1 Member
    Start slow! You can do it! I used to be embarrassed at 306lbs to walk/ jog in public. So I used to you tube walking videos, they've got easy ones at 1 mile walk all the way to 6 mile walks. At 175lbs it's still my favorite work out.