Anyone else eat a silly amount of vegetables?

Options
2»

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon for me to eat 4-5 pounds of veggies a day either, I really enjoy high volume meals. I do not see it as a problem at all, except when I fill up to the point I the struggle to get my protein where I want it. I also will eat a ridiculous amount of fruit sometimes, and aside from a few *ahem* extra bathroom trips, I don't worry about that either. I've been maintaining for quite some time, but I imagine these habits could have something to do with my last inefficient bulk.
  • ptitscargot
    ptitscargot Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would love to have the same problem... Eating too much veggies... :neutral:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's a silly amount but definitely more than the average Joe/Jane. I usually get around 6 servings of veg daily which comes out to around 1 Lb...and probably another 1/2 Lb or so in fruit.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    They recommend 5 a day. Just be aware eating to much fibre can result in your body passing the nutrients so quickly they are not absorbed properly
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    chapiano wrote: »
    They recommend 5 a day. Just be aware eating to much fibre can result in your body passing the nutrients so quickly they are not absorbed properly

Ehh I can see how this can be a plausible thought but I disagree
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options

Your will absorb the calories minus fiber unless you have a malabsorption disorder.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I know this is not the point of this post but I am interested as to how long has it taken you to gain 20lbs?
  • KingMeme123
    KingMeme123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Since I started counting about 4 months
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have to cook all of my vegetables, so I didn't start measuring them in cups until this week. It turns out I eat about an average of 15 cups a day lol (not including the vegetables I hide in my meat).
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Your will absorb the calories minus fiber unless you have a malabsorption disorder.

Some fibers can be digested by enzymes though
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are plant toxins which create a beneficial immune effect in our bodies. Research is showing that huge amounts of antioxidants are harmful, and that they mess up the bodies own levels of antioxidants and oxidants ( which are needed to build muscles). id be careful with putting your body under that much stress.

I wouldn't be suprised if new guidelines on maximum antioxidant levels are developed in the next few years as the research develops.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Since I started counting about 4 months

Just some helpful advice; 20lbs in 4 months is rather quick and will leave you susceptible to fat gains. The average untrained male can gain 1-2lbs of lean mass per month, this decreases as you lift for longer periods of time.