Options
    I don't care

This.

C'mon, over, margaritas for all!!

<3

I :heart: you

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:happy: Group hug everyone :happy:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I don't buy his self-defense case for a second. I'm surprised he wasn't convicted on the manslaughter charge.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Deja Vu all over again.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/zimmerman-516572-black-blacks.html

something is wrong in our country still with this kind of divide.

Sadly true. I'd love to think that the racial divide in this country ended decades ago, but stuff like this proves otherwise. Keeping half an eye on Twitter tonight and it absolutely makes me want to scream
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Interesting that everyone is saying no evidence etc to convict rather than evidence showing innocence...

But that's the thing, it's the prosecution's burden to show evidence that he's guilty NOT to show evidence of his innocence.

I'm not saying either way about this case, but in the end, it's up to the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed the crime....and that he wasn't acting out of self defense. I'll be honest and say I didn't follow the case, so I'm not going to say what I think, but in the end, I think if I were ever in a situation where I needed to be defended, I'd be glad that's the way it works in our country. I'd rather have to be proven guilty then to have to prove my innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    I don't care

This.

C'mon, over, margaritas for all!!

<3

MARGS!!! Coming now!!!
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Interesting that everyone is saying no evidence etc to convict rather than evidence showing innocence...

That's how courts work. At least in civilized/non-corrupt countries.

Guiltily Until Proven Innocent is a terrible idea. Think about it. Lets take an extreme example.

Suppose some day the cops show up at your door and charge you with the murder of a man you've never even met. But they don't have to provide evidence that you did. All they have to do is SAY you did. You are now guilty and must provide PROOF that you did not do it. What if you can't? What if you were alone and asleep at the time of the murder. No one can say you were somewhere else. As you're led off to the electric chair one of the guards laughs and tells you they picked your name out of a hat just so it looked like they were doing their job.

If you're Innocent Until Proven Guilty they must provide evidence that you did commit the crime AND you must be unable to provide sufficient evidence that you did not. That means, that at least on average, few innocent people are put in jail, or to death, and relatively few guilty people walk free.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    This was a trial of an individual that the media decided to turn into a public spectacle. Sensationalize trails are becoming all too common and are an embarrassment to our the legal system. Cameras have no business in a court room. The only opinions that truly matter regarding the verdict are the members of the jury. It's over. That is all.

it is called the First Amendment Jabroni we have a right to know what goes on. and it is the wave of the future get use to it.

We also have the right to Due Process, and sometimes the media attention gets in the way of this. Zimmerman has already been tried in the court of public opinion and found guilty.
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options

Not necessary to wager money. Trust me, we all know this will be locked before midnight EST

I know and I'm going to laugh my @ss off when it is but I'm trying to make this interesting.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There simply wasn't enough evidence and conflicting testimony for him to be convicted.

I am not surprised one bit.

This. My thoughts exactly.

No matter how we all feel, a young man died and we should be respectful of that. RIP Trayvon.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i was hoping for a conviction...

but if zimmerman didnt do anything legally wrong he sure did something morally wrong.

that idiot killed a teen because he was losing a fight.

at least Zimmerman's life will suck and he'll always have to look over his shoulder.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    There simply wasn't enough evidence and conflicting testimony for him to be convicted.

I am not surprised one bit.

This. My thoughts exactly.

No matter how we all feel, a young man died and we should be respectful of that. RIP Trayvon.

Yeah, it really really sucks that it took place.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I still love you guys no matter how twisted some of your opinions are.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    RIP Trayvon Martin---- this verdict stinks!
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    This was a trial of an individual that the media decided to turn into a public spectacle. Sensationalize trails are becoming all too common and are an embarrassment to our the legal system. Cameras have no business in a court room. The only opinions that truly matter regarding the verdict are the members of the jury. It's over. That is all.

it is called the First Amendment Jabroni we have a right to know what goes on. and it is the wave of the future get use to it.

Get a law degree so you understand the constitution of which you speak and we'll talk.

I think you need a refresher course
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Exactly. I have a feeling I have a number of RL friends who are about to drop me on FB because I just pointed that out.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i was hoping for a conviction...

but if zimmerman didnt do anything legally wrong he sure did something morally wrong.

that idiot killed a teen because he was losing a fight.

at least Zimmerman's life will suck and he'll always have to look over his shoulder.

I award you for the prize for First Post Of The Downward Spiral.

Someone can question your views on the use of lethal force in self defense and we'll be off to lockdown town. woohoo!
  • foot56
    foot56 Posts: 44
    Options
    Innocent until proven guilty. Whether you like it or not, there was a reasonable doubt. It's better to let 10 guilty men off than to imprison an innocent man.
  • courtneymal17
    Options

Exactly. I have a feeling I have a number of RL friends who are about to drop me on FB because I just pointed that out.

Oh I logged I'm not even going to look at facebook for like a week.

But you can haz friends here!
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    my views are as follows:

America: you want to marry the same sex?? LOL no.
    America: you want to have control of your body and do what you think is best??? HAHAHAAHAHAH no.
    America: you want to racially profile a teenage boy and then kill him?? okay cool!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    my views are as follows:

America: you want to marry the same sex?? LOL no.
    America: you want to have control of your body and do what you think is best??? HAHAHAAHAHAH no.
    America: you want to racially profile a teenage boy and then kill him?? okay cool!

You do know that they were BOTH minority-race, right? Zimmerman isn't "white"....
This discussion has been closed.