Sabotage

lucifa73
lucifa73 Posts: 110
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
SO I ended June on a bad note - a day of self sabotage and bad attidtude. Caused by what? One single bad choice at about 9am. I let this ruin my whole day.

But isn't that what we do? Make a bad choice early in the day then our mind kind of switches into a 'well you've ruined it now so you may as well make the most of it' attitude and so that one bad choice spirals into a day of bingeing and beating yourself up.

So its not really that initial biscuit (cookie) that blows that day's plan - its allowing that one biscuit to lead to the second and third and before you know it the whole pack is gone and you're looking for the next fix to tame the beast within... And then you feel so bad you don't do the exercise you planned but slump in a binge induced stupor until bedtime. That is when you lose. And I hate losing....

NO MORE

A bad choice doesn't mean I have to wait til tomorrow to be 'good' again - I just need to make my next choice the right one to get back on track. So if I have that biscuit, I won't beat myself up over it any more. I will put the lid on the tin, walk away thinking 'I enjoyed that'. I will have a little less on my plate at dinner, or swap something out for a lower cal option or do an extra 15 minutes running so my day balances and I can feel good without feeling deprived. I mean as I always (and probably annoyingly to those who know me) - 80/20 - life is for enjoying, not for enduring!

Replies

• lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Great post! In fact, a lot of very obese people get that way not by eating a bit more than they should every day but by constantly 'dieting', binging when they feel they have failed and being forever in the mindset of 'it doesn't matter because tomorrow I will be starting my diet'.

Better to make small lifestyle changes at a time and allow the occasional treat so that you can stay on track :) Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • I just ate an entire block of cheese.

I went to get a 1oz serving, brought the block back to the computer and before I knew it... After today, I will no longer bring the whole snack with me, only the portion I plan to eat! Thank you for inspiring me!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Better to make small lifestyle changes at a time and allow the occasional treat so that you can stay on track :) Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

I like that. "Small Lifestyle changes" It certainly doesn't change overnight that's for sure! Hard work, perseverance and positive thinking! :wink:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    THANK YOU for this post! It is so relevant and echoes the feelings of everyone on this site (If they are being honest with themselves!) Continued success on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Thanks guys. I was just so mad at myself that I had to write it down to work through it in my head. Feels like a light bulb has gone off in my head:happy:
This discussion has been closed.