Fitness watches

Options
Hi my JC friends!!! I'm new to the group and I'm hoping someone can help me. I want to get a fitness watch and don't know which is best. Can anyone give me advice? Thanks sooo much!

Replies

• ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    what's your goal?
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    depends what you want to do...and what your goal?? i got the TomTom GPS multisport with build in heart rate monitor..... pretty fond of this. Fitbit has some nifty ones.....
  • akyodreanh
    akyodreanh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use a polar watch. I love it. Tracks calories burned by measuring ur heart rate :)
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    akyodreanh wrote: »
    I use a polar watch. I love it. Tracks calories burned by measuring ur heart rate :)

Preach it, sistah!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what you want to get from the watch!

If you're looking to just track general activity then FitBit have a great selection that purely do your steps/sleep and a rough estimation of calories burned.

If you want something that is going to give you a more accurate number of calories burned during exercise then you'll need something with a heart rate monitor - I use a Polar FT4 which comes with a heart rate strap and I love it :smile:

Personally I have a Fitbit Alta which I wear all day and just use the Polar watch and HRM during exercise :)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'd you're just getting started, I'd also recommend a Fitbit. Then, you can progress to more comprehensive trackers when your fitness goals change. I started with a Charge, upgraded to a Charge HR, and recently picked up a Garmin Vivoactive HR. Each one has more features than the last. Good luck!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Do you know what you want to track? If you don't know seriously go out and search on fitness trackers (through google) and there will be a list the most popular ones to take a look at and even links to the manufacturers websites. There will be functionality on each of the watches as in all the things each tracker does and usually some reviews on it. Always go to Amazon as well to look for reviews as well.

I started with just a tracker, then upgraded to a HR tracker then to a running watch/tracker. You also need to know how much is in your budget and this will be a deciding factor in what you get in a tracker as far as functionality. Also is customer support, public forums (like this one important to you)? Fitbit and garmin has both of these that are pretty good.
  • iandeslow1
    iandeslow1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Use a Garmin 220 and a Vivofit 1
    Both are ok
    However personally don't rate the app. You can link MFP do calories update the Garmin app however for some reason the steps don't update MFP