From 270+lbs to 167. ONE YEAR of maintenence TODAY!!

Options
joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
Today is the one year anniversary of having lost over 100 pounds. It took me about 11 months to lose the weight.

At the beginning, summer 2011, I started at 270+lbs. During that first year while I was losing, I used MFP religiously, and exercised daily. I logged every food, every drink without missing anything, for 11 months straight. I stuck to a daily calorie goal of roughly 1500/day. Also, I did 45-100 minutes of cardio (walking, elliptical machine, light jogging, eventually running) 6-7 days/week, and after 6 months, I added in weight training 2x/week. It was HARD work!!

July 13, 2012, I had officially lost over 100lbs, and was in the high 160's. Now, I've maintained the weight loss for one year. During this time, I've stopped logging every morsel of food and drink, because after a year, I've learned what I should and should not be eating. I don't always make the best choices now, but I run a lot, and I'm hungry, so I EAT. However, I've kept up the exercise. I run an average of 120-150 miles/month. I lift weights 1-2x/week, and I cross train (biking, swimming) 1-2x/week. I ran a half marathon in April 2013, and I've just started training for the Philadelphia full marathon, which is in November 2013.

For reference, I'm a 33 year old mom of three kids, ages 2.5, 4.5, & 7. I'm 5'8" tall. Ideally I'd like to lose another 15-20 pounds (only because I think it would help me run faster!!!). Since that hasn't magically happened, whenever I'm ready I'll have to do that hard work of logging all my food and carefully watching what I eat again. Because really, it WORKS when you do that!!!

Each of these pictures are one year apart.

Starting weight, 270+lbs
July 2011
IMG_5171.jpg

Lost 100+ lbs. Weighing ~166 lbs
July 2012
IMG_6251.jpg

Maintaining for one year, weighing ~167 lbs
July 2013
495b4ab5-2ca1-4602-b20c-096e9039a386_zps45760901.jpg

6bb4dc5c-88b7-4856-ae26-150d3d798352_zps87e63a63.jpg

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey thank you for posting. It's encouraging to read about your maintaining the weight for so long. Keep up the good work!
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! I love the totally new look, blonde and all. I have noticed this over and over with the huge makeovers. I am just starting but am going to work on this. Congrats on keeping off the weight and the new lifestyle.....:flowerforyou:
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You did it!. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Each day I see a success story with the pics shows me that with will power hard work and strong determination it can be done. I congratulate you on taking full charge and control of your health. What an example to follow. You have shown with commitment and dedication and patience it can be done. It can be maintained as a lifestyle for life if you are willing to work for it. You reap what you sow and it definitely shows in your pictures. You look mighty healthy happy and fabulous. You have a beautiful smile. Very touching and very inspirational. Once again thank you for taking the time to show us MFP members. It motivates me to never ever give up on my journey to become healthy for my life and to make better choices each and every day.
  • Qns1980
    Qns1980 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Having lost and gained many pounds in my life, your post gives me hope that it IS possible to get weight off and maintain the loss! Beautiful job! Thank you!
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing, you are an awesome inspiration.
  • Bnewman410
    Bnewman410 Posts: 44
    Options
    That's awesome....It's inspiring to see that you were able to keep the off
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a journey you have had. You look wonderful and congrats on keeping it off for a year! That is the biggest obstacle.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats for keeping it off for a year!! WOOT-WOOT!!

Isn't it amazing you look smaller weighing one pound more?!?!? :-)

Super job!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Happy anniversary and huge congratulations -- you look unbelievable! I started at 257, so am particularly inspired by your transformation. Thanks for sharing, and best wishes for continued success!
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    good job
  • mayana2002
    mayana2002 Posts: 192
    Options
    Grt job! You look fabulous!! :)
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is totally awesome!
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • Morgan_Mack
    Morgan_Mack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look so fabulous!!!
    Your story is extremely motivating and inspiring keep up the great work girl!!! ????????
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same starting stats, weight and height, and the same goal weight, so this is especially encouraging to me.

Thanks for posting, you look amazing!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your maintenance! That's really awesome!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome!!! One of the best posts. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!