Do I just have a overly effecient metabolism?

Options
I'm not super tall (5'11) Have next to no muscle (136.5lbs) and only workout 3 days a week, granted I spend a lot of time on my feet. But is it weird that I've maintained my weight on 2,500 calories rest days and 2,700 workout days?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Seems about right
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It sounds about right. I'm a 5'9" woman and am on the skinny side at 125. I maintain on about 2100 to 2300 per day.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am 5"7 , female, around 140 pounds at the moment. I work in a factory and have kids, do housework etc. My tdee is somewhere between 2700 and 3100 a day, without exercise. I am still figuring it out. I also don't have a great muscle mass , and am not exercising at the moment, as I am trying get my energy up. Hopefully this week I will start to reintroduce more strength.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I am similarly efficient, i am five one maybe a bit taller, weigh 120 and am perfectly able to eat right around 1200 calories a day w/o hunger. Of course, there is one problem, i have painful atthritis-- but weight, Calories and eating --- not much of an issue.

So yes, it is possible to have a pretty decent metabolism.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not special. 99% of people have a metabolism within normal bounds (despite what they claim). This sounds pretty normal
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It sounds about right. I think we are all just used to seeing lots of posts talking about very low calories.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I would say that is about normal for your size, it sounds as if you are even underweight.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am also 5 ft 11 inches tall except I am 53 years old. 2500 to 2700 calories is about what my body needs daily. I weigh 187 pounds so I am still trying to lose a bit to get to a healthy bmi.