Help?

Options
Hi, so. I'll start off with a little bit about myself. Im 20, 5'6, and I weigh 165 pounds. I was born with congenital hypothyroidism and ive been on medication all my life. However, in 3rd or 4th grade they switched me from cynthroid to levothyroxine and I got really chunky because my metabolism slowed down a ton. I've been this way ever since.
I got myself down to 145 this last February, but I switched birth controls and quit smoking cigarettes so I adopted some horrible eating habits. I do really well eating healthy and all of a sudden I will start to binge like crazy and can't stop.
Last month I got a new job working full time in a freakin bakery. I work 5am to 1pm and mostly have to stay 1-2 hours after. It is a lot of work and very stressful and I'm surrounded by sweets. I go to the gym after but since I'm so tired I leave and don't complete my workout because my back and feet always hurt. I would quit the job but I do like the people. I am also in the union making good money and the benefits are great, amazing actually. It's the best job I've ever had, but I just want my mental health back. Not sure if anyone knows what tension headaches are but I get them and they are BAD. Im so stressed. Advice please :/

Replies

• leahambrose12
    leahambrose12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also only get 6 hours or less of sleep a night. Ive worked for 9 hours on 2 hours of sleep.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    7-8 hrs of sleep is key for not overeating the next day. Studies have shown it increasing your stress hormone thus making you hungrier. This maybe why you binge?

I use Olly Restful Sleep which has melatonin. Google melatonin and see if it might help you.
  • marlonpaul75b
    marlonpaul75b Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. It is helping me. I work for restaurants doing advertising food all the time. Im offer Chinese pork buns to Italian hero ever day. So not eating 16 hrs helps me stay in control and 3 cups of black coffee. Down 7 pounds in 3 weeks but I drink 1.5 gallons of water a day. Hope that helps
  • TravisGM92
    TravisGM92 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. It is helping me. I work for restaurants doing advertising food all the time. Im offer Chinese pork buns to Italian hero ever day. So not eating 16 hrs helps me stay in control and 3 cups of black coffee. Down 7 pounds in 3 weeks but I drink 1.5 gallons of water a day. Hope that helps

I don't have hypothyroidism but I have had success with intermittent fasting as well.