Is it okay to call a cat 'grey cat'?

Options

Replies

• About_Thyme
    About_Thyme Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this cat hasn't told you what its name is yet.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I had a cat we called Little Kitty. She had a "real" name but I can't remember it. You can name a cat anything and call them anything. So let them name the cat Smokey, and call the cat Grey Cat. We all know the cat will only respond to whoever had food, whenever it feels like it.
    Or compromise with Greysmoke.
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a black cat.... His name is black kittyskb0u5bjiw3i.jpg
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    True story. We had 4 cats at the same time. They were named: storm, cloud, rain, and misty
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    maybe grey catherine and then grey cat for short
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    smokey is cliche and boring

grey cat is much better
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I like Gray Cat. Too many cats named Smokey out there already. Our grey cat is named Lola but mostly we call her variations with grey in the name (Crazy Grey, Lady Grey, things like that), so even if they go with Smokey you can still go with Grey Cat - they really don't care as long as they are well fed.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Vote for "Grey Cat."
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    At one time we had two cats that we called "brown kitty" and "the black and white cat". Eventually nobody even remembered what their original names were.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Lol at naming your cat when you're just going to end up calling it kitty
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    We have just got a new kitten and she is grey. My son and wife want to call it Smokey, but I think 'Grey Cat' is more appropriate.

My wife says that Grey Cat is a stupid name, and that she would be too embarrassed to take it to the vet.

Should I give in, or put my foot down on this one!

A friend of mine has a brown dog and it's name is Brown Dog. True story.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I used to have a cat name Yellow Cat. We named him that so we wouldn't get attached, but it didn't work.
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you name your cat Grey Cat, when you take it to the Vets the Vet will probably think that you never got round to naming the god darn *Kitten*. ie "What's the grey cats name?"

You could call it Greydar, or Greyskull, or Smokey and get a dog called Bandit.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ditch the cat and get a dog

;)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I like Grey Cat. She's gonna end up with so many nicknames, it's not going to matter, though.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    We had a gray cat when I was a kid. I was quite unoriginal and called her "Kitty Gray."
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I think if you are expecting to have success winning an argument with your wife by appealing to an online community of any sort you should prolly go ahead and name the cat "Mr. Divorce You-can-have-the-house-dear McFluffypaws III"