Keto diet?!!

Options
2»

Replies

• gulbin2016
    gulbin2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to keto diet too. In 5 days lost 4 ponds and i'm very happy. Need to lose 8 more and I'm looking for buddies to inspire and help each other.
    I'm a runner and looking for more energy.
    How can I friend someone in this app? Which button do we press??
    Thanks guys.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    gulbin2016 wrote: »
    Hi,
    In 5 days lost 4 ponds and i'm very happy.

That's great, as long as you understand that it was mostly water, and that if you ever switch back to a balanced diet, you'll see a sharp weight gain initially due to gaining that water back.
  • gulbin2016
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Hi,

That's great, as long as you understand that it was mostly water, and that if you ever switch back to a balanced diet, you'll see a sharp weight gain initially due to gaining that water back.
    I'm quite determinal and will stick to this diet. Except not being able to eat fruit, everything else seems fine to me..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    LivLovh20 wrote: »
    Forgive me canadjineh but what is CICO and WOE. I'm new to all this and those terms are unfamiliar. Thanks.

CICO: Calories in, calories out. Meaning that weight change or lack thereof happens as a result of the balance between the calories you eat and the calories you burn
    WOE: way of eating
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm quite determinal and will stick to this diet. Except not being able to eat fruit, everything else seems fine to me..

you can have fruit,just most people eating keto will have berries as they are lower in carbs and higher in fiber
  • gulbin2016
    Options
    Thanks Tracey :) . What shall I eat if I have 9%carb, 75% fat, 16% protein?? Whatever I choose I can't lower carb to 5% and bring protein to 20%. Tried egg white, or smoked salmon, or full egg, cream cheese etc.. nothing increases protein and lower carb.. this is what I find difficult. Can't still work out what would increase, what would lower numbers..
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Thanks Tracey :) . What shall I eat if I have 9%carb, 75% fat, 16% protein?? Whatever I choose I can't lower carb to 5% and bring protein to 20%. Tried egg white, or smoked salmon, or full egg, cream cheese etc.. nothing increases protein and lower carb.. this is what I find difficult. Can't still work out what would increase, what would lower numbers..

can you lower your fat a little and up the protein to say 20%? how many calories are you eating?
  • JNM11
    JNM11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First day of Keto Diet and so far so good except every 2 hours, I'm looking for snacks. I'm not hungry but can't help myself....I haven't given in yet but it's getting harder and it's only day one. Any tips?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    JNM11 wrote: »
    First day of Keto Diet and so far so good except every 2 hours, I'm looking for snacks. I'm not hungry but can't help myself....I haven't given in yet but it's getting harder and it's only day one. Any tips?

drink more water to make sure you arent thirsty. sometimes when a person is thirsty they can mistake it for hunger. chew some gum,suck on some mints,go for a walk. or have a small snack and fit it into your calorie goal.
  • JNM11
    JNM11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!