Fitbit Supported New Phone VS Any New Phone

Options
neldabg
neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I need a new phone pronto. I thought I might as well get a new phone that would sync with my Fitbit which would be great since I use my Fitbit so much and can't always have my laptop around. However, a lot less phones are supported than I thought (fitbit.com/devices). I only use Android phones, and I generally stick with a $100-$300 range on new phones. I can be really indecisive, so the list is somewhat helpful, but I don't want to buy too old of a phone. I currently use an LG and I like it, but I'm open to other manufacturers if they're equally good or better. Are any of the phones on the Fitbit Android list a favorite of yours that fits my needs? If not, I'll settle for just a new phone. Would you please share a phone that works best for a health-conscious person? Thanks.

Stats: 20 years old, 5'2", 108-114lb maintenance range, walks and cycles everywhere, does yoga and at least some form of resistance/strength training as formal exercise

Replies

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    As long as the phone is running Android 4.3 or higher there shouldn't be an issue except with the Blaze not using all features. If you shop around a Samsung Galaxy S5 can be found in your price range and will work fine.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have the BlackBerry PRIV, which is running the Android OS. Found it works great with my fitbit. Even when other Androids are having problems.
  • neldabg
    edited August 2016
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    As long as the phone is running Android 4.3 or higher there shouldn't be an issue except with the Blaze not using all features. If you shop around a Samsung Galaxy S5 can be found in your price range and will work fine.
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I have the BlackBerry PRIV, which is running the Android OS. Found it works great with my fitbit. Even when other Androids are having problems.

Thanks so much for the advice!
    I forgot to say, I have the Charge HR.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

I have the Charge HR, also. I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S6 with it (I assume S5 would work, too). Also, if you're keen on LG, my kids have the LG2 (it's an older model, so price would be good for you), and the Fitbit app is available for it, too, so I assume it's compatible.

Like others have said, just make sure it's 4.3 or higher OS.
  • neldabg
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

I have the Charge HR, also. I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S6 with it (I assume S5 would work, too). Also, if you're keen on LG, my kids have the LG2 (it's an older model, so price would be good for you), and the Fitbit app is available for it, too, so I assume it's compatible.

Like others have said, just make sure it's 4.3 or higher OS.

Nice. Will do! Thank you!