Smart Rope Jumping

Options
I consider myself in shape (round is a shape) and decided to get one of these little monsters in hopes of adjusting my shape towards a more personally appealing rectangular shape. I set a laughable goal of 5 minutes to start, thinking I would breeze through it. Wow, wow, wow! How the hell did I ever do this as a kid???? No wonder I was little! Is there anyone else out there with one of these torture devices? I'm going to stick with it and do 5 minutes every day starting tomorrow. I made the 5 minutes tonight in 363 jumps, so I have a baseline I don't think many humans can sink below. The app set a ludicrous goal for me of 2700 jumps per day, and I'll get there just in time to qualify for the two thousand never Summer Olympic Games. On the plus side, it's a calorie slayer (potentially a me slayer as well) so if I can just not lose consciousness...this will be good. Please pray for me.

Replies

• Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    As a fighter, my coach forced me to jump rope, and today, I still endure do this, because the body adaptation seems to be fat loss.
    The problem is the repetitive nature of the exercise, so I seek to include 10 minutes of rope jumps before a run or plyometric session.
    Here's the kicker: when I skip this, my body fat begins creeping up.
    Laziness gets me nothing... :p