Intense cardio Exercises for bad ankles?

Options
I'm look for cardio exercises that are easy on the ankles. I've had surgery and another one coming Up soon. So things like running aren't really an option. I do swim laps when I can. Is there any at home workouts that are intense but easy on the feet?

Replies

• BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Supersets. That is if you're lifting weights. The goal is to keep your heart rate up so traditional cardio actually isn't necessary.
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have had 11 ankle surgeries and find that lifting heavy weight is hard on my ankle. It puts too much stress on my ankle joint. The best cardio i get is the stationary bike. It doesnt bother my ankle at all.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Rowing.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    biking try a spin class
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    spin classes are very hard on your ankle during the portion you have to stand and pedal- I tried it and could not handle it.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    It will subject to the individual. I can run, but not bike ride.

What are your goals?
  • cmoeds8811
    cmoeds8811 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about 40 lbs and to gain muscle. I'm focusing more on losing the weight right now and keep it off for good
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Would, but he elliptical be to much for the he ankles.i just had total knee replacement of my knee and the bike and elliptical is what he to me t use
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    It's ok in spin class not to stand when the others do. Just tell instructor ahead of time. You can modify activities to suit your body.