LADIES- best booty building workout?

Options
What has worked for you?
What glute exercises would work best with this program?
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

Do these YouTube vids work?
Pls share any programs that I can incorporate

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can add 3 sets of hip trusters (youtube Bret Contreras). You can do with or with weights. Reps would be higher if you don't have weight (i would shoot for 15-20; with weight then 6-12).
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    You can add 3 sets of hip trusters (youtube Bret Contreras). You can do with or with weights. Reps would be higher if you don't have weight (i would shoot for 15-20; with weight then 6-12).

if I add exercises from SC program that don't require gym equipments apart from weights would that be enough to transform glutes

• psuLemon
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »

if I add exercises from SC program that don't require gym equipments apart from weights would that be enough to transform glutes

It should. Just make sure you engage your glutes and do the form correctly. You can also look up other lower body resistance moves such as step-ups, curtsy lunge, various squats, etc.. they will all help with developing lower body muscles.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As long as you are progressing over time you should make glute progress.
    What kind of equipment do you have access to? Glute bridges and hip thrusts with dumbbells, bands, utilizing holds, single-leg, etc. You can do band pull throughs, abductions, kickbacks, x-band walks. Deadlifts and squats with dumbbells... single leg, Bulgarian split squats, lunges. There are lots of options and like @KiyaK said check out Strong Curves book and/or PDF
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Do glute bridges with one leg raised, then the other. That adds some weight if you have no weights.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    Thank you all! Yes I've the SC book, but only got weights.. I can get bands but Donno what to do with them.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For me, I got the best legs and arms result with The Masters Hammer and Chisel. Still struggling with my middle section, but my legs look awesome and it lifted my butt!
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Yes I've the SC book, but only got weights.. I can get bands but Donno what to do with them.

You can do all of these with just body weight & still have great results:
    Bulgarian Split Squats
    Straight leg dead lifts
    Squats
    Hip thrusts
    Kickbacks
    Lunges
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Check out "Sohee Fit" on YouTube and search glute circuits they are fantastic and she utilizes many Strong Curves exercises. They are good to watch in order to learn how to use the bands and you can incorporate the circuits at the end of your workouts
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options

You can do all of these with just body weight & still have great results:
    Bulgarian Split Squats
    Straight leg dead lifts
    Squats
    Hip thrusts
    Kickbacks
    Lunges

Adding to the above, you can always find a harder variant of these exercises. I.e. One legged Hip Thrusts w/ 3 second hold at top, jumping lunges, etc.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Check out "Sohee Fit" on YouTube and search glute circuits they are fantastic and she utilizes many Strong Curves exercises. They are good to watch in order to learn how to use the bands and you can incorporate the circuits at the end of your workouts

Do you suggest cardio?

• sardelsa
    edited August 2016
    Options

Do you suggest cardio?

If you like it and for cardio health, sure. For body composition goals? It's not necessary.

Keep in mind with cardio you will have to eat more to maintain your surplus and keep gaining. At the end of my bulk I dropped my cardio sessions because it was just too many cals for me

ETA: the circuits I am referring to are not cardio but more glute finishers to activate and stimulate the glutes
  • s_hossein
    edited August 2016
    Options

If you like it and for cardio health, sure. For body composition goals? It's not necessary.

Keep in mind with cardio you will have to eat more to maintain your surplus and keep gaining. At the end of my bulk I dropped my cardio sessions because it was just too many cals for me

ETA: the circuits I am referring to are not cardio but more glute finishers to activate and stimulate the glutes

I dont do cardio, but I was thinking maybe 2x a week to help create ab definition
  • sardelsa
    edited August 2016
    Options

I dont do cardio, but I was thinking maybe 2x a week to help create ab definition

Again as I mentioned, cardio is not for body composition and won't do anything for ab definition. If you are bulking don't focus on ab definition since that will be counterproductive to your goals. You can do ab work when bulking so that will help build up the muscle which will be seen when you cut down again.

The more cardio you do, the more you will have to eat. If you don't you won't gain and you essentially are maintaining and not bulking and you may not get the results you desire.

• psuLemon
    Options

At this point, you should be focusing on trying to gain muscle. And that does mean gaining fat, which will go against your short term goals, but will support your overall goals. You just don't have the current body composition to be where you want to be. Gaining muscle will help support that.
  • s_hossein
    Options

Again as I mentioned, cardio is not for body composition and won't do anything for ab definition. If you are bulking don't focus on ab definition since that will be counterproductive to your goals. You can do ab work when bulking so that will help build up the muscle which will be seen when you cut down again.

The more cardio you do, the more you will have to eat. If you don't you won't gain and you essentially are maintaining and not bulking and you may not get the results you desire.

Oh I see..
    Do you think the m&s program is good enough