Formerly slim(!), trying to get back that way!

Options
Hi! :* I'm a girl, 26, from the UK. Not new to MFP but new to properly logging things!

Some stats -
5' 4"
UK size 16
HW: 189lbs
LW: 134lbs
CW: 183lbs
GW: 140

I'm trying to get to 140lbs ( by my 27th birthday (March), starting at 183lbs. CICO, 30 Day Shred and some light jogging is my plan.

I used to be healthier all round - walking constantly everywhere (lived in London), jogging a few times a week in my local park, didn't eat bread or potatoes purely out of convenience (I get really sluggish if I eat too much of either), and only had 1 chocolate bar a week on a Friday as a little treat. The weight gain is purely from having moved back home (job loss), getting too comfy, eating too much rubbish, not counting calories and allowing myself to eat whenever rather than waiting until I am actually hungry.

I have mini goals, too! Based on steadily losing 1 or 2lbs a week:

- Cruise mid-October - would like to have dropped about 10lbs by then (15th)
- Warner Bros Studio tour for the 2nd time, end of Oct - would like to be 1 stone/14lbs lighter.
- Christmas - would like to be under 11.5 stone, and preferably closer to 11.
- (Maintenance) Over Christmas/NY - I don't want the scale to budge more than 3lbs over wherever I am at that point.
- Birthday (8th March) - 140lbs please! But will take anything that starts with 14[x] :smile:

If anyone fancies friending me then please feel free, esp. if we have similar stats.

Here's to being back in nice-fitting clothing :)

Replies

• lilsteig
    lilsteig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a similar history as you! Lowest weight was 125, current weight is 173.8, highest weight around 225 (8 years ago). I'm 5'0 and hope to be down to the 140's by spring. I'll add you! :)
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    We'll get there in the end, I'm certain :)
  • jennifervfoster
    jennifervfoster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Am also 5'4", and moved to London and chubbed out! I also had a miscarriage earlier this year, and gained a lot during the pregnancy and after as I drowned my sorrows in ice cream (not a good idea). I got up to 165 pounds, and have just joined and lost 2 so far. Woo. Am most comfortable at 125, though my short goal is just to get back down into a healthy BMI, which means 140 pounds or less. Will friend you!
  • Hamez_UK
    Hamez_UK Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    After a great start to the year I've ballooned back up a bit so am trying hard to get back on it. I will add you so we can help to motivate each other :)
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    From my experience, eating clean and staying within a 1200 calorie goal the majority of the days, it took me 60 days of doing the 30 Day Shred with no more than one rest day a week to lose about 30 lbs.
    Hi! :* I'm a girl, 26, from the UK. Not new to MFP but new to properly logging things!

Some stats -
    5' 4"
    UK size 16
    HW: 189lbs
    LW: 134lbs
    CW: 183lbs
    GW: 140

I'm trying to get to 140lbs ( by my 27th birthday (March), starting at 183lbs. CICO, 30 Day Shred and some light jogging is my plan.

I used to be healthier all round - walking constantly everywhere (lived in London), jogging a few times a week in my local park, didn't eat bread or potatoes purely out of convenience (I get really sluggish if I eat too much of either), and only had 1 chocolate bar a week on a Friday as a little treat. The weight gain is purely from having moved back home (job loss), getting too comfy, eating too much rubbish, not counting calories and allowing myself to eat whenever rather than waiting until I am actually hungry.

I have mini goals, too! Based on steadily losing 1 or 2lbs a week:

- Cruise mid-October - would like to have dropped about 10lbs by then (15th)
    - Warner Bros Studio tour for the 2nd time, end of Oct - would like to be 1 stone/14lbs lighter.
    - Christmas - would like to be under 11.5 stone, and preferably closer to 11.
    - (Maintenance) Over Christmas/NY - I don't want the scale to budge more than 3lbs over wherever I am at that point.
    - Birthday (8th March) - 140lbs please! But will take anything that starts with 14[x] :smile:

If anyone fancies friending me then please feel free, esp. if we have similar stats.

Here's to being back in nice-fitting clothing :)