Needing buddy to help motivate

Options
I'm looking to lose about 20lbs. But most important, I'm in my army reserves and I want to do better on my PT test, so that means working out harder and more.

I've been really struggling since coming home the beginning of this year and getting a new job. It's only 4 days a week, but I wake up for work at 4am and don't get home until 6:30pm (it's a 90 minute drive one-way, which sucks, but it's what I have for now). When I have drill weekends I can usually get something in. Otherwise I find myself struggling with waking up even earlier to go run for 30 minutes, or coming home and exercising when I just want to spend time with the kids and eat dinner (I eat a snack before coming home but I'm still hungry). We have a gym in our shop and are planning on moving it to the garage as soon as it's cleaned out (hopefully Friday), but I'm needing the push to workout 5-6 days a week. If anyone could help motivate me that'd be great!

I'm usually good at motivating myself when I start exercising and pushing myself, it's trying to get motivated to go out there, especially in the evening since I had gotten used to working out in the mornings and now I'm having to change it.

Anyone wanting to be friends on here and work towards our goals together? And motivate each other.

Replies

• markleeming
    markleeming Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I always struggled on army pt tests and it spoilt an otherwise awesome career. In now loving the phys as a civvy, just wish I had done so in the army!
  • candicedawnwilliams
    Options
    I'm a reservist too, totally get the support thing. Send me a friend request if you're still looking for support and motivation.
  • AshleyAnnFitness
    AshleyAnnFitness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    send me a request! :) Working out harder and more isn't necessarily always the best route. How is your food intake? That's the biggest thing! If you're nutrition isn't good, working out wont do much for you!
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
  • SarahKay716
    SarahKay716 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have the same goals and concerns as you do! Would love to share motivation, tips and advice!