Running watch suggestions?

Options
jayv85
jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
I'm trying to find something that's fairly inexpensive. (not $300 worth in other words)

I have a nike+ and I loved that thing. I really liked I could break my runs into 400m where I'd be alerted and it'd tell me my pace. But after maybe 2 years it's breaking and I don't know why since I don't wear or use it daily. But when I've used it recently I've had to reset it because it'll sit and try to sync for over 10min (so it'll never sync). It's irritating enough already that I'm ready for something new.

Replies

• jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i bought the tomtom runner last week and i'm very happy with it. 89 euro here ,so i imagine no more than 130$ there.
  • jayv85
    Options
    i bought the tomtom runner last week and i'm very happy with it. 89 euro here ,so i imagine no more than 130$ there.

Thank you! I'll look into that one. Does it have the option to break your runs up into x-distance it'll alert you and tell you your pace for that distance??
  • gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like my Garmin 610 - it's an older model, has the option of pairing with a HRM, and has some nice features. I have runner friends that use even older Garmin models that still love them.

If you feel like doing some research, DC Rainmaker is a great resource for reviews/buyer guides.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The Tom Rom Runner does look good value and can be had very cheap. I'm a long term Garmin user though so tend to stick with them - you could also consider 2nd hand as there are plenty on Ebay.

When my daughter was looking the same question a couple of months back she ended up getting a reconditioned Garmin Forerunner 220 from Ebay - which is the same as I use myself. I have might set to alert every kilometre with my pace for that km which I find pretty useful.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    jayv85 wrote: »

Thank you! I'll look into that one. Does it have the option to break your runs up into x-distance it'll alert you and tell you your pace for that distance??

yes, it has interval training option,which you can choose by time or distance ,including warm up and cool down.it counts distance, your pace and calorie burn and a couple of other options ,which you can check at anytime during your run.

edit: i forgot to mention that it doesn't alert you with the pace for a specific part of the run but you can see it in real time as you go ,andt you can see every run analytically at the website when you connect your watch with the tomtom website.There it gives you your pace per part,as well as distance.also, pace & speed per km.
  • jayv85
    Options
    Thank you for the options everyone. I'm going to go read some reviews and see what they have to offer.

I'm going to stay away from ebay though. I deleted my account there after I had a few bad experiences. But amazon usually does refurbished for cheap sometimes.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I graduated up to a Garmin Vivoactive HR 3 weeks ago. *GREAT* watch for running. It has some quirks, but gives you TONS of biometric data every day. $250 on Amazon.
  • down225
    down225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin15 Fitness Watch. It is great, waterproof too. As an avid runner you may want to move up to the Fitness 25 or higher. There are some good refurbished deals out there.