Motivation for weight loss

Options
So 2 days ago i started a diet where i would frink tesco healthyliving chicken noodle soup contain 44 calories each. I have two of these a day and so far i have lost 4 pounds so 2 pounds per dsy this is amazing results but i have read online that this is bad for me but i just need quick results my body is making me depressed i cant even go outside without feeling everyone is thinking how fat and ugly i am. I was wondering how long it is recommended i could keep this up for and some motivation.

Replies

• Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    so you're only getting 88 calories per day? sounds unhealthy and definitely not recommended
  • chloerebeccaann795
    Options
    @Decapins whenever im feeling lightheaded or nauseous i also chew 5 calorie gum
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 88 calories per day is about as unhealthy as you can get.
  • chloerebeccaann795
    Options
    @cwolfman13 its more like 100 cals because i have gum
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So 2 days ago i started a diet where i would frink tesco healthyliving chicken noodle soup contain 44 calories each. I have two of these a day and so far i have lost 4 pounds so 2 pounds per dsy this is amazing results but i have read online that this is bad for me but i just need quick results my body is making me depressed i cant even go outside without feeling everyone is thinking how fat and ugly i am. I was wondering how long it is recommended i could keep this up for and some motivation.

It's recommended that you keep it up for no time at all.

Use mfp, set a reasonable calorie deficit and eat back exercise cals.

Stop thinking quick fix, start thinking sustainable lifestyle changes.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Its called water weight loss and yes it is not sustainable or recommended. Agree with @TavistockToad . And don't worry about what you think everyone else is thinking. Maybe even seek some professional help for depression.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    100 calories per day? At some point you're going to crash and burn. Wouldn't you rather lose the weight in a way that you can 1) keep eating the foods you like and 2) keep the weight off so you aren't doing this to yourself again at some point?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Well that makes it ok then.... :huh: :noway:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

LOL...how can you possibly think that's even a remotely healthy way to go about things? A calorie is a unit of energy...your body runs on energy...you need to feed it.

Have fun...

Actually, I'm calling troll...nobody with a brain could think about this in any other way than extremely unhealthy.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain it quickly and you won't lose it quickly. Instead of hurting yourself I suggest going for a slight calorie deficit. You will lose weight, it is sustainable and it will make transitioning into maintenance a breeze. By the way, I went real low on calories one time thinking I was going to have a great loss. I got so sick I had to stop exercising and I didn't lose anymore weight than when I was in slight deficit.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no, no, no, this is not healthy.

How old are you?

Please eat sensibly, and consume no less than 1200 calories per day.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello OP - Sounds like you could use some help figuring out your diet.

Here is a link to a blog that really helped me understand losing weight. I was also once a victim to VLCD diets.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat/
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Do you feel fine? How long do you think you can keep it up? Losing weigh (fat) is about having a sustainable calorie deficit. A good weight loss diet/plan doesn't require motivation. But it takes time and patience. You can lose 1% of your body weight per week, if you do everything correctly. I'm sorry, but you have starved yourself for two days for nothing (or practically nothing - maybe 200 grams of fat and 3 and a half pound of water).