Slap Nutrition Salted Caramel BCAA

Options
I've wanted to try out these BCAA's for quite some time (I've been a loyal Fruit Punch Amino-X drinker since January) and I want to make the splurge purchase since it's my birthday this week...plus everyone says these BCAA's in a Starbuck's Cold Brew + SF Pumpkin Spice flavor is bomb and pumpkin season is right around the corner.

Before I make the purchase, I wanted to see what your opinions were on these BCAA's. Like 'em or hate 'em? Or have another suggestion?

Thanks!

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what a "BCAA" is.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    BCAA's are Branch Chain Amino Acids, a kind of supplementation that some bodybuilders and athletes take to prevent the shrinking of muscle size and strength due to reduced muscle protein synthesis and breakdown. Branched chain amino acids aid your body in the healing process of injured tissues, in accelerating recovery and in safeguarding your muscle tissue from breaking down or catabolizing when you exercise.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    the flavor still throws me off... i'm used to drinking a fruity flavored BCAA during my workouts so the salted caramel is a bit off putting, but its definitely not bad :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    That sounds damn good in some coffee.
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    the flavor still throws me off... i'm used to drinking a fruity flavored BCAA during my workouts so the salted caramel is a bit off putting, but its definitely not bad :)

That's what I was kind of wary of! I've become so accustomed to the Fruit Punch/Lemon-Lime/Tropical type flavors. Plus, didn't know how delicious a fake-caramel flavor could be.
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    That sounds damn good in some coffee.

I know a TON of people who put it in a Starbuck's Cold Brew...think about that + pumpkin spice flavor. Healthy take on a store-bought coffee.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Makes me wish everything supplement wise had samples, I have wasted too much money on stuff that sounds good but tastes :sick:
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what a "BCAA" is.

could have googled it in the time it took to type this
  • peaceout_aly
    Options
    Makes me wish everything supplement wise had samples, I have wasted too much money on stuff that sounds good but tastes :sick:

YES! They actually do have sample packs of everything. Except the BCAA's. Of course.