Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No. It is just another MLM scam.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Work, how? If you want to lose weight, you need to consistently take in fewer calories than you burn.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If by work, you mean if you follow their plan, you end up in a calorie deficit and lose weight - yes. It "works" but so does not spending a crazy amount of cash on a not particularly good powdered food replacement, counting calories, and taking a good multivitamin.

Work? Yes. Necessary? Utterly not.
  • cori4evans
    cori4evans Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I use a variety of their products. They recently introduced dairy free options that are plant based and have an amazing AMPed line for performance. I'd love to share more with you.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Tried it, its junk.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's poo. Don't ingest poo.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine swears by Isagenix and tried to get me involved (she sells it too, btw.) I opted out. It's too expensive and I don't think it's any better than just eating a balanced diet. I use a protein shake before my afternoon workouts but a large cannister of it isn't even close to the expense of Isagenix shakes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine swears by Isagenix and tried to get me involved (she sells it too, btw.) I opted out. It's too expensive and I don't think it's any better than just eating a balanced diet. I use a protein shake before my afternoon workouts but a large cannister of it isn't even close to the expense of Isagenix shakes.

And is probably better quality, too.
  • vickygalo
    vickygalo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!

sorry - should have clarified "worked". I meant help you lose weight- but I know you understand :)

My girlfriend used it and lost 20 lbs the first month and has kept it off. My other friend had great success, however upon stopping the shakes, gained all the weight back and then some.

So I am weary of it and would love to hear more experiences.

It definitely is expensive - $350 for the first month.

I was hoping to get a head start on this weight loss I gained during pregnancy.
  • vickygalo
    vickygalo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Isagenix is like Beetlejuice or Bloody Mary. Say the word and someone with a miniscule post count appears to tell you all about it.

LOL LOL LOL!!
  • kommodevaran
    edited August 2016
    Options
    vickygalo wrote: »
    sorry - should have clarified "worked". I meant help you lose weight- but I know you understand :)
    We understand what you meant to say - but we also tried to explain that that's not how weightloss works.
    My girlfriend used it and lost 20 lbs the first month and has kept it off. My other friend had great success, however upon stopping the shakes, gained all the weight back and then some.

So I am weary of it and would love to hear more experiences.
    Your friends lost weight because they took in fewer calories than before. Your second friend didn't regain weight by stopping the shakes, but by going back to the way she ate before, and then some. Your second friend is the typical case, just to make that clear.

Lots of us have had weight loss success just by counting calories and eating whatever the hell we want.
    It definitely is expensive - $350 for the first month.
    If it's worth it, depends on whether you think it's better than the food you can get for the same amount of money. Impossible for us to say. But most of us prefer food, and the occasional protein shake.
    Weight loss is pretty (very) straight-forward. It is slow, but predictable. You don't need a head start, no magic, but a resilient, consistent behavior, a good plan and some contingency plans, flexibility, realistic expectations, knowledge, and lots of patience.

Oh, pregnancy :o If you are breastfeeding and/or taking care of a child, you need to be properly nourished. That sort of rules out meal replacement shakes completely. You need a balanced and varied diet, enough food, good food. Eat food you like in appropriate portions.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Any low calorie diet is going to work. You don't need meal replacement shakes.

In fact any manner of eating that results in a calorie deficit is going to work. Eating regular food is FREE. I learn so much more by measuring and logging actual food. Tools I will need for maintenance.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've got some friends and acquaintances who swear by it. Surprise that they are higher level marketers of the product. Other coworkers bought into their success. I saw those gals after a couple years of being away only to find them bigger than they were before they started Isagenix.

Run away quickly, holding your pocketbook tight to your chest!

I had contemplated trying it last summer, but the price made me choke. Instead, I joined here and I'm down 60 pounds and healthier than I've been for years...just by exercising and eating more sensibly.

CICO. Period. For me anyway.....
  • cori4evans
    cori4evans Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Everyone will have a different story and experience; weight loss, muscle gain, better performance, healthy aging and/more energy. I believe it may not be the answer for everyone but I do believe being on a system with a supportive community is tremendously helpful. Sometimes something like Isagenix is what gets individuals more connected to their goals and on track...sometimes not. I believe its possible eating more healthfully with your grocery store; Isagenix takes the guess work and is your grocery store and can end up being cheaper. It is 3rd party tested and made with amazing ingredients which is what makes it so pricey. Other companies do not do that!
    Yes, I do share the products but I can tell you that I am not some amazing person at the top. Its been amazing for me in a lot of ways.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    vickygalo wrote: »

There is no need for, or such thing as a head start. As others have said, all you have to do is eat fewer calories than you burn over an extended period of time. Programs like Isagenix or any other number of them make it somewhat mindless to do so, but you don't really learn how to eat when you're "done." If you really want to replace meals to keep it simple though, you can just get a decent protein powder and a multivitamin and save hundreds of dollars.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    No, it isn't expensive because it is made of amazing ingredients, so much that it's worth the double of a normal diet. It's expensive because it is A SCAM and preys on desperate, impatient and ignorant people.

Can someone explain to me what "guesswork" is and why that is relevant for people who have access to a free nutrition tracker?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Isagenix is like Beetlejuice or Bloody Mary. Say the word and someone with a miniscule post count appears to tell you all about it.

And you win a prize!!!
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My father has used it and he lost the weight and has kept it off for 3 years so far. I tried one of his Isagenix drinks and it was sooo sweet it was just gross; but he has no issue drinking them. It is also expensive and add that to my grocery bill for a family of four and I would be broke! I have lost 40 lbs by counting calories and eating food I LIKE. It really was so grossly sweet - yuck.