Just to vent

Options
All I ever think about is food. My whole family is the same and have a massive obesity problem. I wake up, think about food, sleep, I think about food... It's so frustrating but I've lost 6 stone so far, I'm almost at the goal weight. My period is putting me down because it's saying I'm a stone heavier than usual which is always disheatning. Just want to be happy with my weight! Boo :(

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hobby or activity that you enjoy that can take your mind off of food? I know that when I'm bored, food is the first thing that I think of as well.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Channel that energy into new recipes, meal planning, and food prep! Congrats on your success so far, keep it up!
  • stardust6060
    stardust6060 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I quit smoking I was able to not have them around to tempt me but we have to eat! I have two daughters at home and all they want is sandwiches and pasta. MY WORST!! But I found doing workout videos help and now what the weather is cooler I get out of the house and away for the kitchen. It helps. Just stay strong sweetie and it will happen!! Stay positive.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Channel that energy into new recipes, meal planning, and food prep! Congrats on your success so far, keep it up!

I agree to this. After years of struggling with weight, and finally maintaining weight effortlessly, I'm still obsessed with food. But now in a good way :D
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I'm orange-zest about food too. I'm always thinking about what cake of meal I'll have next or chicken out next recipes online.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I think about food a lot too, not about eating it though, but more about meal planning, what new foods I can try, watching "what I eat in a day" on Youtube to get ideas, researching food things like that.
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! 6 stone!!! Well done to you. Just a quick question, have you deprived yourself of 'naughty foods' while on your journey of weight loss? The reason I ask is because when I first started dieting I cut ALL the 'naughty food' from my diet which in turn lead to obsessive thinking and cravings and would lead to binges. Nowadays, I have one treat a day (I keep 300 kcals at the end of the day for my doughnut lol). I find I don't obsess over 'naughty food' as I know I can have a treat every day and still lose weight. But hey, whatever your doing its obviously working for you. And us woman always retain more water when we're ovulating so those pounds you've mysteriously gained is just water hun, but I know it's frustrating when you see the scale go up up up....grr! Keep up the amazing work, your doing great!