Trying to be healthy can get you killed!

Options
rebel_26
rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
Visiting my parents in NJ at the " jersey shore". Everyone rides bikes...well today a car decided to hit me. I always hated cardio. Guess that's a sign I don't need to do cardio. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!!

Replies

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite high school teachers was hit by a semi on his bike today : ( I worry about people who bike and run. Scary stuff!
  • rebel_26
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lol NJ ain't bad! Grew up in Cherry Hill and spent my summers in Ocean City!
  • suvoth
    suvoth Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Freakin ouch!
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Huge pics (glad I'm on wifi, not data) but ouch!
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ouch, glad you're ok! This is why I prefer indoor cycling. There are idiots out on the road.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I was hit by a car while riding my bike. It was bad. And she almost killed me. She was elderly and couldn't see well enough to be driving. But, I ended up ok. Still have some issues from it. Did you see a doctor? I hope you recover quickly. Just be aware in case you have a concussion. You aren't supposed to sleep through a concussion. It's late now, though.
  • rebel_26
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No I'm good thanks for the concern. No blown pupil and no throwing up, but when I first put my glasses back on I thought they were bent because my eyesight was wacky for about 2 minutes. Now I'm just sore from being scraped up and not looking forward to all the non good stiffness I'll have in the am.

Side note sorry to hear what happened to you. I was in the right state of mind when it happened because I pushed off the car with my left arm so I didn't fall under the back wheels because the bike went right and I went left. Car was going about 35 I was going about 14mph. The landscapers on the side of the road couldn't believe I got up and rode off in 3-4 minutes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Glad you are going to be ok. Take good care of those cuts! Antibiotic ointment. Yeah, my husband has a crazy story about how he got hit and landed on his feet. I don't remember the details. I will have to ask him to tell me again. When I was hit the lady panicked and just kept driving while I was bouncing all over her car and then the street. She came very close to running over my head (the witnesses said). So, I was definitely lucky to have survived that. And no brain damage or anything like that. I know other people aren't so lucky.
  • TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Battle wounds!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Twenty years ago I fell off my bike and had several cuts and stitches to my body. I'm bummed I missed out on the social media aspect. And no cameras flashed. I'd have healed faster with likes from strangers I never met.

Rebel, sending you good vibes. Heal quick and feel better.

Well you could always, reenact it!
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Ultra HD FTW
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Twenty years ago I fell off my bike and had several cuts and stitches to my body. I'm bummed I missed out on the social media aspect. And no cameras flashed. I'd have healed faster with likes from strangers I never met.

Do you have good videography/photography skills??

Cool new nickname by the way.

No & thank you!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

No & thank you!
    Fine, I'll stick a selfie stick to my bike.

Great job, for not outsourcing the labor; this time (even though, you tried to)!
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    Visiting my parents in NJ at the " jersey shore". Everyone rides bikes...well today a car decided to hit me. I always hated cardio. Guess that's a sign I don't need to do cardio. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!!
    Oh, that was you I hit?
    Sorry for not stopping, but I had things to do...
    5tmfhrf4717n.jpg

• DeficitDuchess
    Options

No & thank you!
    Fine, I'll stick a selfie stick to my bike.

Great job, for not outsourcing the labor; this time (even though, you tried to)!
    Connecticut to NJ is just insourcing, Milady!

kfvs7dimaglc.jpeg

You win this round!
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're ok. This is my worst fear when I'm out riding because some people seem determined not to share the road.

I hate to sound like a mother, but where was your helmet?
  • rebel_26
    Options
    Im from SC where helmets aren't even required on motorcycles.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ouch glad it wasn't more serious though.