Almost 8000 km on my bike

Options
I'm coming up to 12 months of cycling and general healthier lifestyle and it's paid off. Although I initially lost 10kgs quickly I'm now finding has slowed down and the last 5-10kg is hanging on but I'm determined to get rid of it. Low fat diet with 150km a week cycling plus home workouts push-ups etc.

Replies

• columbus2015
    columbus2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of mileage for a year; I thought I was going crazy by making 4000 km. And I hear (and agree) on the last 5-10 kg... they are pretty damned stubborn, when you figure out the trick to losing them, please let me know. All I know for sure is that they're killing my hill climbs :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 8000 ... of course the year isn't close to being over yet.

For quite a few years, when I lived in Canada, I was doing about 10,000 km/year ... but moved to Australia and that dropped off a bit.

This year, however, is getting back on track. Up over 4000 now and hoping for lots more as spring comes. ☺
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wow similar stat OP! 7890 km so far in 2016, not sure if I can log 10,000 like @Machka9 though *.*
  • Machka9
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Wow simular stat OP! 7890 km so far in 2016, not sure if I can log 10,000 like @Machka9 though *.*

You've got 4 months left! :)

I probably won't hit 10,000 this year (I wish), but this is my best year in a while, and I'm really hoping for 6000. Then maybe more next year ... and possibly even more the year after. Gradually getting back into it again. :grin:
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I am sure the number will keep going up for you @Machka9! I will keep looking out for your 400+ km rides for inspirations!
  • Machka9
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    I am sure the number will keep going up for you @Machka9! I will keep looking out for your 400+ km rides for inspirations!

Thanks! :):)
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good work! Be proud!