Anyone with spinal issues, limited mobility, disabled?

Options
Hi, well I'm low on motivation, I was in a car accident, and have damaged lower back, so very limited mobility, I'm obviously unable to do exercise etc, I'm a long term member and I was a runner and fitness junky, and I'm now in a bit of a slump, so here I am, anyone else in a similar position, that can offer each other support. Thanks c :)

Replies

• fracturedgirl
    fracturedgirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have hyper mobility syndrome (lots of random dislocations & subluxations) & fibro, so yea, much pain & mobility issues.
    I'm trying to build muscle tone to help fight the dislocations, as it's actually quite exhausting - fatigue is also a real issue. I'm hoping the fatigue will decrease as I build strength.
    Right now I keep giving out. I'm having GI issues, plus anemia, so that's definitely not helping.
    I'm trying to stay awake today & look up seated exercises I can do for times like this.
  • BigJes37
    BigJes37 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes I have! I herniated two lower disks and had taken a year and a half off. My back will never be the same. The key is to keep your core strong which will support this and stay away from heavy weight bearing exercises the put pressure on the spine. I've been working around this for fours years now and doing great. Let me know if you have any questions ;)
  • BeautifullyBroken50
    BeautifullyBroken50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    After having a couple of severe sciatic attacks due to vertebrae out of place and pushing against the nerves I've had to deal with a lot of back pain and mobility issues but, I decided to give yoga a try almost 3 months ago and though it was hard and painful at first , it has made an amazing difference in how my body feels. Maybe that is something you can look into. I like it because you can modify it to fit your issues.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah thanks guys im doing modified yoga and doing physio guided strength exercises daily, my physio is really pleased and plan in October to start physio guided pilates 1 on 1, im seeing big improvement my balance strength, I do have fatigue and pain issues. Thank you guys x I have a spine review on 28th.