It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, A beautiful day for a neighbor, Would you be mine?

Options
4theking
4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
Although I have worked hard for years, I recently decided to take my health/fitness/bodybuilding to another level and I am interested in sharing my journey with you. But this journey is about more than lifting weights and chicken breasts. This journey is about life and the reason we are all here. If you are weak and you fall to temptation sometimes this invitation is for you. If your past is messy and you wish things had been different this invitation is for you. If you have tried to do better but have failed repeatedly to make good choices, this is for you.

I have a messy past. I have failed many times. I struggle often to make the right choices. But my past, my failures, and my bad choices don’t have power over me and they don’t decide who I am. I am hopeful I can use what I have learned to teach, inspire, and challenge you to live to your full potential. If a weak man like me can do it, anyone can. Let’s be friends!

Replies

• xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We all have our strengths and weaknesses. We all make mistakes. What's important is we learn from them. Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for motivation from new friends here!
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hey 4
    I agree the only time a person fails is when they quit trying. I was buff and in my best shape until 93. I to was into bodybuilding and heavy weight lifting. A stroke or (T.I.A.) at age 42 was told by Drs. stop heavy weights. Had enlarged heart from heavy lifting with very little cardo. Lifting was my passion 20yrs. later and 110lbs. extra I'm back at the gym. I do a lot of cardo now but I'm back lifting. I keep looking at the heavy weights and can taste it. I started walking 3yrs. ago dropped from 335lbs to 290lbs. My goal is to get back to my weight of 225 when I was in my best shape. But doing cardo as well as lifting. I know it took me 20yrs. to put on the weight so know its going to be slow taking it off. I did get discouraged last year around Christmas wasn't losing as much weight as I thought I should.
  • DamienHoward
    DamienHoward Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't know how to add friends
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hey Big Guy! I am glad you are getting healthier. No doubt you will see 225. Keep working hard!
  • jasjulkat
    jasjulkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, how do we add friends?? I would love to be in this community of like minded people.
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I hear you about struggling to make the right choices sometimes! Good luck on this part of your journey.