Trying to find the best fitness tracker

Options
I have used the fitbit charge HR and the Polar A300 with the band. I really like the accuracy of the Polar A300, but dislike using the band. Looking for discussions on your favorite heart rate fitness tracker.

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    You're going to have a hard time finding "the best"... It's not going to happen. Each one of them have their own personality. Each one of them will do certain things that the others will not.

Garmin Fanboys myself included Will say the 735xt is cream of the crop, followed by the Fenix 3 HR, then the VivoActive HR.

FitBit fanboys will say the Blaze is King of the world.

Suunto fanboys will say the suunto spartan ultra is the only one on the market worth looking at.

There is no real "Best" because everything is opinionated, or has a sponsored bias.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitbit one or Flex for general activity tracking and then I like the Polar H7 with chest strap for my planned workouts. I know they are all estimates, but I've been using this combination for a couple of years now and can trust the results (or at least the estimates, but I've been monitoring so long I have the output ok with my input to give me results, wow that sounds confusing, i hope you know what i mean!).

Of course, if you don't like using the chest strap then I guess my suggestion doesn't much matter! Good luck finding something that you like :smiley:
  • n2xrcis3
    n2xrcis3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Out of all of the ones Ive tried my 2 absolute favs are the fitbit Blaze and the vivosmarthr .. I recently traded the blaze for the vivosmarthr because the vivo is compatible with the pool. I do miss the interaction on challenges with fitbit though. It is hard finding what you may think is the perfect one.

Think about what you're looking for and the importance of it .. good luck with finding one you're happy with!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3 HR. But "the best" and "the most affordable" are not the same thing.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Fenix3 (non HR) version paired with the scosche rhythm+ HRM is what I have and gets my vote.

I like the idea of an external HRM only for exercise and prefer not to have one on my wrist scanning all the time. Plus it adds to the bulk of the watch.

But.....the 735xt looks very interesting and you can always pair an external HRM.

The forerunner 230 is another option.