Your Cautionary Tale for the Day

2»

Replies

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    I'm right there with you. I lost 40 lbs and then gained 45 back. However I have lost all of it again!!! It can be done, and you know you can because you already have. Yes it is heartbreaking. Maintence is 100 times harder than losing. I've been learning that I can't eat the volume I would like so I need to find satiating and filling foods and make better choices so I don't go hungry within the maintence calorie goal. First time I lost all the weight, the very first thing I did when I hit goal was go to my favorite pizza buffet to celebrate. Big mistake! I can have pizza, but only like 2 slices, not a damn free for all buffet like old times! That should've been my red flag but alas it wasn't. I also stopped exercising, also big mistake! Keep doing the same things you did to lose it last time. When you hit maintence still do it like your in loss/diet mode but you get more calories. That's the only way to do it. Otherwise old habits creep in and bam! It was all for naught. Good luck getting it off again! You will do amazing, just keep on keeping on and put in the work!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Exactly. Don't switch up what you're doing except by adding back the amount of calories it takes to get you to maintenance, and you might want to ramp up to that slowly. For me, that's an entire laughable 200 calories. Loss: 1200. Maintenance: 1400. I work out hard every other day so that on those days I can eat something beyond a salad and a couple of boiled eggs. So you can imagine if I stopped working out, and ever went over 1400, how fast the fat would return. Maintenance is a perpetual state of work like fat loss is.
  • reesa1234
    reesa1234 Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing and like another poster said you are beautiful at every weight, like really beautiful. I feel and understand your pain. I never reached my goal weight but was doing really good and got cocky and right back to where I started which is such a punch in the gut and a great hill to climb but what's are options being sad and pissy and gaining more weight. No thanks right. :) So let's do it. Would love to be your friend since I have a bit of your back story and would tell you whatever details you feel like knowing about me but if you choose not to be friends, power on fabulous and thanks for sharing.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    reesa1234 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing and like another poster said you are beautiful at every weight, like really beautiful. I feel and understand your pain. I never reached my goal weight but was doing really good and got cocky and right back to where I started which is such a punch in the gut and a great hill to climb but what's are options being sad and pissy and gaining more weight. No thanks right. :) So let's do it. Would love to be your friend since I have a bit of your back story and would tell you whatever details you feel like knowing about me but if you choose not to be friends, power on fabulous and thanks for sharing.

Please add me! I tried to add you but it didn't work! :(