When do you get hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody
    Myself I was doing that late evening eating and not eating all day. figuring that all those calories from not eating all day would help drop weight faster. I've been trying to loss weight for a few yrs. now. My weight would go up and down from week to week. The person that I started walking with a few yrs. ago had told me I needed to eat, of course I didn't listen at that time. She kept telling me that my body thinks I was starving and store the fat. What I was eating at the time I thought was good, wasn't. Now With MFP I look up my foods before I put them in my mouth. As of 3weeks I've went down 6lbs and not back up. I know everybody's body is different so what is working for me may not for others.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    Sometimes, I notice that I don't get hungry until I eat for the first time in the day. There are days that I don't get to eat for a while, and I find that I can go much longer without getting hungry. But after the first bite of something, then my mind thinks about food more. Just curious. It doesn't bother me nor does it impact my eating habits. It was just something that I noticed and wondered if anyone else has noticed that.

I'm like that ... so I don't eat breakfast.

Take today, for example ... it's 1:12 pm and I haven't eaten a thing yet. I'm just starting to feel hungry so I will get up and make something in a moment. I will also meet my calorie goal by the end of the day. But I figure as long as I'm not hungry, eating can wait.

It works for me!
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Biggest triggers:
    After a long Cardio session or long run. Usually takes an hour or two to set in.
    After drinking alcohol - both night of and morning/day after depending on how much.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    For me, it is always around 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon. I am pretty sugar your blood sugar takes a dive then, but whatever it is, that's my hard time.
  • bvarbel
    bvarbel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I wake up in the morning, I'm not hungry. I try to put off eating as long as I can so as to have more food available later in the day. I drink a couple cups of black coffee before breakfast, and then I eat around 10:30 am.

Once I eat, I am dwelling on food most of the rest of the day, but I try to space my meals out with lunch around 1:30, dinner around 5 and a snack around 7. I try not to go to bed hungry.

If I ate at 6:30 am when I get up, I would be looking for lunch around 10 am and dinner around 2 or 3...I would run out of food to eat and probably go to bed hungry or convince myself that I've been good and have a binge of a cheat meal or something and kill all the progress I've made over the week.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    If I skip breakfast I don't get hungry until lunch but I overeat at lunch and dinner.

In general, I feel like if I eat something small every time I'm hungry I don't overeat and have lower overall calories. That usually means 3 meals at the same time every day plus a snack.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    bvarbel wrote: »
    When I wake up in the morning, I'm not hungry. I try to put off eating as long as I can so as to have more food available later in the day. I drink a couple cups of black coffee before breakfast, and then I eat around 10:30 am.

Once I eat, I am dwelling on food most of the rest of the day, but I try to space my meals out with lunch around 1:30, dinner around 5 and a snack around 7. I try not to go to bed hungry.

If I ate at 6:30 am when I get up, I would be looking for lunch around 10 am and dinner around 2 or 3...I would run out of food to eat and probably go to bed hungry or convince myself that I've been good and have a binge of a cheat meal or something and kill all the progress I've made over the week.

I totally agree. I'm fine until I get that first bite. :) So, I try to wait until 10:30 am or 11:00 am to eat my breakfast bar and some almonds. I'll have a snack at around 2 pm and another around 4 pm. Lunch is at 6:30 pm and dinner after 8:00 pm. I enjoy saving my meals until the end of the day. It gives me something to look forward to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    3-4pm can be really rough on me. I often end up having dinner at 4pm or something because I'm just too hungry and don't have the calories to have a snack and dinner. Shockingly though, most of the time I'm completely fine until I go to bed after that.

Of course I end up starving when I get up in the morning though.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm most hungry in the morning and around lunch. I could never skip either. I get downright hypoglycemic if I haven't eaten by 10 AM, and then I can turn around and my stomach's growling at 12 or 1 pm for lunch. The rest of the afternoon/dinner, though, I'm not nearly as hungry. Probably some circadian rhythm thing. I'm also one of those people falling asleep with 0 energy at 2 PM for a couple of hours until I get my "second wind".