Losing weight but legs fill lumpier?

Options
I have just begun but have lost 9 lbs in 13 days
I can see it in my face but I swear when I feel the back of my thighs they feel lumpier. Anyone else feel like their body looks a little worse while they are losing weight?

I know exercise will help. Just was curious

Replies

• LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally!

My whole body takes on a look I can only describe as 'mottled' (and in some places, 'with divots'!). Happens every time I try to lose weight - I take it as a sign that I'm succeeding.

This time around it must be genuine because it's even happening on my forearms, the last place on earth I needed to lose anything from :D
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It'll take time for everything to tone up especially at the spped you've lot it. Eventually it will though
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Yes! Especially my thighs, front and back! And I've been losing slower then you and I've been lifting 3 days/week too. I just keep hoping that with continuing weight loss and lifting it will improve. I know I will never have awesome, smooth legs, but they look so awful I won't even wear shorts in the summer.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Things definitely looked worse before they began looking better. Now when my fat takes on that lumpy look and feel I know I'm on the verge of a fat whoosh. Everything always looks better afterwards.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I saw a "success story" the other day of a woman who used to be skinny fat. In her before pic she was only like 110 lbs, but she had visible dimples on her legs. She committed herself to weight lifting. In the after pic, I think she weighed more, but her legs looked awesome! She wasn't a 20 something either. I think she was in her 40's. That after pic is my beacon of hope in my quest to banish the lumpy look!