Breastfeeding???

Options
Is anyone else breastfeeding? How far post part are you? Stats? Cals? Exercise? C section or vaginal?

Replies

• chantellelitten
    chantellelitten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi im back using calorie c after having my baby boy who is now five months old im still breastfeeding. Im looking to get back into shape as im a dancer. I had a vaginal delivery and im 63kgs. Currently out of exercise due to being sick.but i was dancing twice a week 30mins light exercise everyday and started running 5km once a week my goal to get quicker time then
  • chantellelitten
    chantellelitten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ...then run at least twice a week and further the distance. Support would b awesome my partner usually does the shopping and always gets chocolate and cakes and biscuits puddings and fizzy drinks and theres nothin else to eat. Grrr i love vegies and fruit. He use to and thinks hes being thoughtful getting all these treats i think its his way of trying to put on weight as he is very underweight high metabolism.
  • Pidjie
    Pidjie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    11.5 months post partum and 3 stone (42 lb) to lose. VB (my second) and still breastfeeding which I will continue until natural term - 15 months last time. This one shows no sign of stopping!

I babywear and walk 1-2 miles a day, with a 5k parkrun on Saturday and will be starting swimming once a week with a friend soon.

I'm stuck at this weight and immensely frustrated. I eat around 17-1800 calories a day, all fresh healthy stuff, yet am just not getting anywhere.

My son feeds 8 or so times a day still, mostly overnight, I'm wondering if I should actually be eating more? My body appears to be in starvation mode - I've done that to myself before, and started losing once I forced breakfast in!
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi:-) I'm almost 10 months PP. I still breastfeed regularly. My labor and delivery was induced vaginal. I'm 5'9" currently weight 156.4 (I'm down from 174). I currently consume 2240 calories and exercise 3-5 times a week. My goal is to get down to 150lb.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi hi:-)
    I'm 5'3, 6 months pp. Sw was 185 (that's after the initial loss from birth), cw is 168, gw is in the 120s.
    I'm bfing probably 5 times per day, she was a vaginally birth.
    I'm eating 1600 to 1700 cals per day. When I have time I do body weight exercises for strength training and walk the dog 45 mins everyday. Plus just being a busy mom.

Edit: I use a digital food scale to weigh everything I eat. I had a heck of a time trying to lose the baby weight from my first, I was finally successful when I started using the digital scale to actually weigh out portions.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 7 months pp. I'm 5'7" 127lbs and I am maintaining (recoming). I lift 3-4x per week, no cardio. I'm eating around 2700-3000 cals per day but I'm not really tracking atm. I had a vaginal delivery.. pretty fast labour and recovery.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm one year postpartum, still nursing a few times per day. 5'7", 36 years old, baby number 4 (all vaginal deliveries), maintaining between 140-145 lbs. I eat LCHF, and have done so for over three years now. I eat roughly 1900 cal per day, when I don't exercise, but I don't track anymore (I just eat to satiety). Looking to start exercising now that two of the four kids are in school again.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not breastfeeding (not able to with this baby) but losing baby weight. I'm almost 10 months postpartum and he was my second. I have about 20 more pounds of baby weight to lose then 20 more after that to get to the weight I was when I met my husband. I'm 40, almost 5'4 and eating about 1600-1700 cals/day. I call myself "lightly active" because I walk a lot, chase and carry my toddler and baby a lot, and work out twice a week. The only parts of that that I log as exercise are the workouts (and some bike rides) and I eat back fewer than half of those calories.

My weight loss had stalled before I started counting calories again (lost a lot of weight that way year ago) but it has picked up now that I'm weighing and logging.