Weight gain

Options
Feeling so low today, put on 8 pounds in 2 weeks according to my scales! In Janurary I weighed 10.7 and decided to diet. Got myself down to 9.13 by April and then went away in May, after coming home from the holiday I decided I no longer wanted to diet but I'd continue swimming and running but I'd just go back to normal foods - bread at lunch, pasta, pizza - ya know stuff you try more to avoid when dieting.
Any ways, last week I went camping and before I went I checked my weight, which was 10.6 again, slightly gutted but thought hay ho that's my normal weight.
After camping for the week eating exactly what I wanted but still walking everywhere and keeping active, I somehow now weight 11 stone! 11 stone! Wtf!!!! I could literally climb into a hole and never come out!
So dieting for me has now ruined my life and apparently I can't eat what I want! Wish I never started :(
Why has this happened to me, anyone else experienced?

Replies

• AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This happened because you didn't approach weight loss as a lifestyle change.

When you lose weight and get to a weight you are comfortable at, your journey doesn't end there. Weight maintenance is your next step and can be just as hard or even harder than weight loss.

Were you counting calories when you were losing weight? If not I recommend not giving up and start over with this new approach. Use Myfitnesspal to calculate your calorie needs (this is based on age, height, weight, and activity level) to put you in a calorie deficit. When you reach your desired weight, set your calories to weight maintenance and during maintenance you can still eat the foods you like such as bread, pasta, and pizza. If they fit into your calorie goals, what's the harm?

I really hope you don't give up and just look at the past as a learning experience and realize this is a lifestyle change. It's not an easy road, but the results will definitely be worth it.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself. No one in the world can eat whatever they want and stay thin. It takes discipline and work. Start drinking water and cut out the pizza etc. stay within a certain calorie range for your goal weight. You will get there, you don't have much to lose.

I had my wake up call and now I'm eating better (1200 calories)-- it feels great! Take care of you... It's the best gift you can give yourself!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I still eat bread, pasta and pizza regularly and lose weight. I also eat chips, cookies and chocolate almost daily. You don't need to cut things out to lose weight. You just need to eat less calories than you burn.