Anybody here train with kettlebells?

Options
I'm on a kettlebell circuit right now. High reps with 30 sec to a minute rest between sets. I've never had so much fun working out before. I was wondering if anyone else here is a fan of kettlebells and if they could relate their experiences.

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm on a kettlebell circuit right now. High reps with 30 sec to a minute rest between sets. I've never had so much fun working out before. I was wondering if anyone else here is a fan of kettlebells and if they could relate their experiences.

Yep, I love KB training.

There are a whole bunch of us over here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/129-enter-the-kettlebell

I've been training with kettlebells for about a year now. I also train with barbells/dumbbells.

I currently use KBs mostly in the same way as you--I do a lot of high volume swing workouts. I completed the Rite of Passage program last winter (tons of clean and press ladders), which I think was really great for improving my general strength, and especially shoulder strength/stability. It got a bit tedious, but I stuck with it and finished. I never get bored with the ballistic movements, though. I love swings and snatches. I also really love TGUs.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I do and I've seen huge improvements in my body from using them! I use a 8kg and a 12kg. Dead lifts, swings, presses, squats, rows, twists! Love it! I do a routine that takes about 5 mins with 8 reps of each exercise then rest for a minute and do it again. Heart rate goes up to 180s and I burn loads of calories love it
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been working with kettlebells for a couple of months, and already feel stronger and can see my body shape changing. I go to a class at my gym, and I also do the routines from a book, Kettlebells for Women by Lauren Brooks, at home.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have the iPhone app by Lauren brooks its really good you can watch videos of her routines - I do the fat loss and sculpting routine in the gym three/four times a week
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells! I started with a trainer and quickly moved up in weight on the kettlebell itself. It's a full-body workout and that's my favorite part about it!
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I JUST started doing KB last week and OMG, I LOOOVVEE kettlebells. It's a great burn/work out. If anyone has any android app suggestions to spice up my routine that would be AWESOME!! Thanks! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I love using the kettlebell, do you have a favorite workout on youtube you use ? I like fitness bender and blogilates kettlebell workouts as well as their exercise ball workouts
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi...yes I love kettle bells..I do a circuits class with them once a week. I started swinging 3kg for 30 seconds and have gradually moved to bigger weights. I did 1 min of swings with a 7.5kg kettle bell last time. I love the way you can combine cardio with strength training...Hope you enjoy using them as much as I have.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest bangs for your fitness buck. I'm a fan.
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    myomytv.com has awesome free workouts, and most of them are KB training. That girl uses some seriously heavy KBs. Impressive.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are the best :love:

My trainer has been using them with us for years. Turkish Getups, swings, bootstrap squats, single leg deadlifts with snatches, halos...there's so many things we've done. I recall when I used to think a 15 lb kettlebell was a challenge, but now, depending on what I'm doing, I work with anything from 35 to 50 lbs...okay, 70 on deadlifts.
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    myomytv.com has awesome free workouts, and most of them are KB training. That girl uses some seriously heavy KBs. Impressive.

Yeah I second this. Really cool stuff
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I use kettlebells. My fitness facility...group fitness...we use kettlebells 3 days per week or more. LOVE THEM.
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been doing KB for 1.5 yrs and it is the most fun workout that I have done. My body shape has changed so much an my trainer kicks my *kitten* and I love it!