Had a blockage and now trying to gain

Options
Hey I had a blockage and had surgery to correct it. Now I'm on a feeding tube and trying to gain weight I was down to 73 and now am 85 lbs. I'd love to make friends in the same boat that could help me with tips and suggestions and also so we could support one another.

Replies

• VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A fellow tubie! Yay! LOL
    I had gotten down to 69 pounds at the beginning of August, now I'm up to 73.... goal is 95 by Christmas at the latest. Cardiologist doesn't want me over that, because I'm already in heart failure and too much weight would strain my heart...I've never been over 95 anyway (that was when I was in high school...I'm 38 yrs now)
    I have commercial formula during the night, then supposed to eat solids during the day. But I sleep so much, I never really eat as much as I should. I did a "shake" the other day that is 950 calories in 12 ounces...but had to add some water as it was too thick. It's 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs peanut butter, 8 oz evaporated milk, 1 scoop of Body Fortress whey protien powder. I'm going to use whole milk tonight, see if that will be as good as water to thin it, plus adding a few more calories.
    Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get it through the pump, so I can have it while taking a nap (I slept ALL day today...I really should try to get a couple house chores done tomorrow, though, and only take one short (2 hour) nap)