Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Birthday chest day?

AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
edited August 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hello all, it is my birthday today, I am going out for a meal, I was going to make it a cheat meal, I went over my calories today, I got a free pizza at work, I went over by 400, I was thinking of reducing my calories for the week to compensate for the 2 bad days.

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    You can if you want, but it might lead to you being more hungry on the other days and compensating for it anyway. If you just went back to your normal calorie goal, i bet it would barely be a blip on the radar.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    If your deficit is 500 calories per day, you didn't do any damage. Maybe just slowed your weekly average weight loss down by a smudge but if you keep it in deficit for the rest of the week, it should still be good.

Maybe water retention from increased sodium or carbs if you normally don't eat a lot of carbs but nothing to sweat over. It's your birthday. Enjoy it!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Contrary to the above; I would reduce calories by 200 on 2 days or increase activity to compensate. 400 calories isn't that much to burn off so why delay progress?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I clicked on this thread thinking it would be some special bench press routine.

Yeah, I was wondering why "chest day" would be in Food & Nutrition. Instead of 12 oz curls, it's 12 oz pec flies?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    I would say enjoy your birthday and just stick with your same intake you usually have. Life happens and you need to enjoy yourself. You don't want to get into a restrictive pattern
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    I agree, just enjoy your birthday! I would be over the moon only being 400 over on mine :D
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Cheat & Chest often go hand in hand.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    There's not really any need to "compensate"...none of this is predicated on an occasion here and there...it's about what you're doing most of the time that matters. I'm always a little surprised at how much hand wringing goes into stuff that is largely irrelevant to the bigger picture.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    have fun and don't worry about it. start fresh tomorrow.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Stop micromanaging! Enjoy the day. You aren't suddenly going to balloon from going over one day. And get off of MFP!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I calorie cycle all the time. It's key for me sticking to my diet and not getting burned out. If you cut 200 between 2 days. It would work just fine, unless your calorie goal is already very low. Calorie cycling is how I have enough calories for the weekend.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Sorry about the title, I meant to say cheat day