Is it too early to post progress pics?

Options
Gibby349
Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
Im not sure if I should.I lost 32 pounds so far but only have pics of what I used to weigh.I dont have a pic of what I weigh now . Maybe I should wait until I have more weight down so it will look even better.What do you guys think ?

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Either way would be good in my opinion.
  • Gibby349
    Options
    alyssagb1 wrote: »
    Either way would be good in my opinion.

Thanks kinda nervous though haha
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Post now as a work in progress and then post 3 pictures later.
  • mcmahoj3
    mcmahoj3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lol, 32 pounds is awesome! Definitely take some new photos, even if you don't post them. You can decide later. Great work, keep it up!
  • jackiesagoddess
    jackiesagoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Never too early for success pics! 32# IS a success! You can always post more!
  • Gibby349
    Options
    mcmahoj3 wrote: »
    Lol, 32 pounds is awesome! Definitely take some new photos, even if you don't post them. You can decide later. Great work, keep it up!

Aw thank you.I have the pics taken .I take one every 14 lbs I lose.Just think I should weight to meet my goal to uplpad on here
  • Gibby349
    Options
    Never too early for success pics! 32# IS a success! You can always post more!

Aw thank you
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Heck, I was thinking about posting a progress pic and I've only lost like 5 lbs! 32 lbs is DEFINITELY OK for a progress pic.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If you can see a difference between the two pictures - then it's never too early. Post away.
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll bet your post would motivate many people on their journeys. I vote for posting your pics! And congratulations for your weight loss to date!
  • Gibby349
    Options
    Imomw2016 wrote: »
    I'll bet your post would motivate many people on their journeys. I vote for posting your pics! And congratulations for your weight loss to date!

I am definetly gonna post them on here but maybe after I loose a little more
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is such a tease thread! I keep checking to see Gibby's awesome progress, but still no pics (says the lady too intimidated to post pics, but who lives in the success stories threads for motivation).
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    mcmahoj3 wrote: »

Aw thank you.I have the pics taken .I take one every 14 lbs I lose.Just think I should weight to meet my goal to uplpad on here

So many people don't celebrate the things they achieve along the way, seemingly thinking that they "don't deserve" to feel proud of however much they've lost so far. It's like only reaching the ultimate goal counts, and if you don't manage that then you've failed. Not true - any amount of loss (or gain, if that's what your aim is!) is worth celebrating!

Go for it! Post it as a work in progress if you like, but post it and be proud of it. :)

(I'm about halfway through my own journey and haven't posted anything here yet, mainly because I don't have many decent pictures. But I think I might try and find some and make a post... even though, like @fposte2016 I'm intimidated at the thought of it! Other people are brave enough to post pics of their flabby bits, though, so maybe I will too... one day soon!)
  • Gibby349
    Options
    fposte2016 wrote: »
    This is such a tease thread! I keep checking to see Gibby's awesome progress, but still no pics (says the lady too intimidated to post pics, but who lives in the success stories threads for motivation).

I am not sure what you mean by that but I am pressumings its something nice lol
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I think it would be great for you to post your progress! It would be a great message to people who may think they have to hit a goal weight, or lose a certain number of pounds, in order to be successful and/or proud of what they've done so far. It might help boost your confidence too because 32 pounds is fantastic, regardless of what your goal is, and I'm sure you'd receive a lot of kudos and encouragement :)
  • Gibby349
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Congrats on your loss! I think it would be great for you to post your progress! It would be a great message to people who may think they have to hit a goal weight, or lose a certain number of pounds, in order to be successful and/or proud of what they've done so far. It might help boost your confidence too because 32 pounds is fantastic, regardless of what your goal is, and I'm sure you'd receive a lot of kudos and encouragement :)

Awh thanks hun .When I posted that I had lost 32 .Not its 33 haha.Im not sure whether to do it or not
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Personally, I actually try to find success stories of 20-30 lbs since that's my mid-way goal and I rarely get to a 20lb loss before falling off the wagon. As much as huge losses are inspiring, it's hard to picture myself at that point, whereas with a little inspiration I can get excited about breaking that 20lb "self-sabotage curse."

Of course you should only do what you're comfortable with, but maybe check out some success stories of people who did post pics of similar progress. It can give you an idea of what to expect, and that might help you decide :)
  • Gibby349
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Personally, I actually try to find success stories of 20-30 lbs since that's my mid-way goal and I rarely get to a 20lb loss before falling off the wagon. As much as huge losses are inspiring, it's hard to picture myself at that point, whereas with a little inspiration I can get excited about breaking that 20lb "self-sabotage curse."

Of course you should only do what you're comfortable with, but maybe check out some success stories of people who did post pics of similar progress. It can give you an idea of what to expect, and that might help you decide :)

Well I understand why you think you find it hard to picture yourself at the point .I think like that too .Little steps and you will get there.Im going to wait a while anyway I think
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Would do your confidence and morale good to keep on going
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!