Looking for Mom Friends in the 40-50ish range

Options
shawnele
shawnele Posts: 58 Member
I certainly am not opposed to friends of any age, but I think we gals in this age range have some unique challenges. I've mostly lurked on MFP for years...with the occasional half-hearted attempts to get healthier, but I needed to get serious. I've always been somewhat fit until my early 40s (and 4 pregnancies from 38-42) and I don't even recognize myself anymore. However, I'm kind of keeping this on the DL with my IRL friends and family (other than the family in my home), because I've false-started so many times - so I'd love to friend some others who can relate and want to motivate and be motivated!

Replies

• SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am 41, 4 kids, 20,18,16 and 5. I am in menopause also which (total hysterectomy) and it's hard to get the weight off as well) I just made a huge purchase which will keep me on track or my husband will kill me if I don't use it. I am at my highest weight ever. I'm more than happy to have mom's who are my age!!
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm glad to get some friends on here too. It's tough sometimes when there's no one who sees your successes. I'm a 42 year old single empty-nester and I have a 19 year old who's going to be a mom herself in a few months. I haven't wrapped my head around the whole grandma thing, but I'm coming around.

I am about 30 pounds into my goal of losing 75 pounds. Already starting to feel so much better. Go ahead and add me if you want!
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I have a 14-year-old and a 7-year-old. Looking forward to the start of school when I'll have time to go to the gym more regularly. :smiley:
  • jcmomof2
    jcmomof2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also would love to make some MFP friends. I turn 51 in December and I need to get healthy and lose the 30 pounds I've gained over the last 8 years. Two kids -23 and 19. Dreading being an empty nester which will be coming in the next year probably. Would love any adds. Thanks!
  • AnneHT
    AnneHT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please could I be added here too. I am 54 so how that is not too old. I have 2 children, 26 and 20. I seem to yoyo with my weight, and am close to my heaviest. I would love to have other people who are going thru the same thing me. Please add me if I am suitable for this group
  • SS1326
    SS1326 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well and can relate to alot in your post. Starting over again for what seems to be the gazillionth time, and would love to have some MFP friends. :)
  • bouchakl
    bouchakl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 and find myself struggling as every meal out or dessert is adding weight. 15 pounds within the year. This app has got me on the right track finally. I would love to add live support and motivation
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, have 6 kids. Ages 21-12. All still home. One is autistic and has Epilepsy and one has Type 1. It was after my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 that I started to put on all the weight I had lost years ago. The amount of time and stress that goes into her care makes it so easy to put me on a back burner. They are all involved in numerous things and somedays I feel like I don't get to sit down till I actually crawl in bed (which is actually sitting down and the couch and drifting off till her 1 am alarm goes off) Finally had to realize I am important too!
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.. I am 43 and have 2 kiddos (16 and 13)... I am doing paleo , neither of my 2 partners follow paleo... makes for interesting dinners/dates.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    41 year old mom to 3 kiddos (21, 12,12). I've always been thin, but everything changed around 40 and I started quickly packing on the pounds. Started getting back in shape and watching what I was eating in February and haven't looked back yet. I've been in maintenance the past 3 months and am working of finding that right balance.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am 50y and have 2 physically grown children, LOL, 28 y daughter and 23 yr son. I have 3 granddaughters by my daughter which are 6,5 and 10months. I've been on MFP off n on since 2010 and I am now finding out what is truly working for me now! I've lost a total of 57lbs and still have more to go!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yep add me :)
  • marlies74
    marlies74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a 42 y/o mom of three (16, 12 and 9 y/0), I just jumped back on the wagon and I have the hardest time living in a household with junk food and candy, LOL. Anyone in this thread, I would like some friends in a similar situation too! Add me!
  • rheabb0325
    rheabb0325 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a 52 year old mother of 2 /grandmother of 3 and have been working hard for the last 3 year. Did cross fit style exercise for 2 year then the gym closed and I am now doing a regular gym with treadmills, bikes, etc. Also try to fit in walking. My problem is eating. I am a case manger and 80% of my day is at a desk or on the road. I have been trying to get up every hour and move. I also try to stand and move while on the phone calls. I have lost around 35 pounds currently. I always try to set goals. We are going on a all inclusive vacation in February- goal is to look hot in a swimsuit.
  • bouchakl
    bouchakl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So what works best for everyone? What this app has taught me is that I was eating too many calories and being lazy. Honesty is rough! I was eating healthy but constantly nauseous. Eating helped. Hhhmmm. Premenopausal hormones? Anyway my eyes are now open. Let the weight loss begin.
  • Golbat
    Options
    I went to my doctor to find out why I was so ridiculously hungry all the time, and he said he thought I wasn't eating enough protein and that I was worrying about fat too much, and that those things make many people feel full. I started adding protein powder to my smoothies, and lately I've been having protein shakes. I have not been nearly so hungry. It's going well this time!

Someone who sent me a friend request asked me when my kids go to school, but I approved the request before I read it all (let alone before I replied) so I will answer here. They go right after Labor Day. I think this is a Michigan-wide public school thing as of a few years ago.
  • Golbat
    Options
    Oh wait! I realized that I said I'm 47 but I'm really only 46. :*