Settings In goal area

I read your article online http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-basics-of-body-recomposition-macronutrient-calculations-to-lose-fat-and-gain-muscle/
and entered all my
Info in the goal settings Area of Mfp however in the settings there is a place that makes you pick an activity level ... Which activity level are u supposed to choose for your Maint. Cals ?? In the article you add 15% for workout days and subtract 10% for rest days ... I'm Confused cuz if im choosing moderate activity isn't that already factoring in my workout ???
Thank you so much !!!
Trying to figure this whole thing out and DO IT RIGHT!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Your activity level in MFP is for daily activity. ie: if you work in an office you are generally sedentary, retail or hairdressing is light activity, etc.
    It doesn't include exercise. You enter your exercise when you do it and MFP gives you extra calories. Eat back 50-75% of them to begin with and adjust as needed, gaining or losing.

Cheers, h.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    The blog makes what can be a very simple process sound incredibly complex when it's not.
    IMHO it's a really poor article.

The statement in the blog "While body recomposition is difficult" is actually false!
    Recomposition is a perfectly normal response to training stimulus when supported by an adequate diet.
    Would concede taking recompostion to an advanced level is difficult as it requires a lot of training dedication and patience.

This is also nonsense "For body recomposition, the single most important aspect of your overall fitness plan is nutrition. Exercise is certainly an important factor, but nutrition is at least 75% of the equation. "
    Nope, completely disagree - it all starts from your training. A perfect diet with a poor training regime won't get you far but a perfect training regime supported by a less than optimal diet will still get results.

Here's a link to a thread where people on here have shared their recomp experience.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

For info on how this tool works visit the various forums and look for the sticky threads pinned to the top.
    The Getting Started forum is a good place to start. :)

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    This article does take something that is fairly easy and makes it very difficult to understand. I am actually surprised at the idea of cycling in this article. And the amount of protein is 1.5/body weight, and I do not even do that much protein or carbs for that matter.

All you need is a normal diet with a macro split that is suitable to your daily activities and exercise regime and no need to cycle. Also in my honest opinion the protein is a bit high.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Yeah, I stick with my 40c, 30f, 30p split. 1.5xbw was way too much for me.