What am I doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    you cant just go with what everyone tells you to do. i was told months ago at 50 pounds lost that i would stall out and plateu on 1200 cals a day... well, im at 82 pounds lost now, and still have not stalled. been on 1200 cals a day with a bi-weekly binge day since September, and have lost 82 pounds... everyone who told me i would stop losing, everyone who told me i would hit a weight loss wall... they were wrong... they were trying to help, but they were wrong! you have to find what works for you. you have to create your own plans that works well with your body and your lifestyle, and go with it. forget about what i have to say, or what so and so has to say... we all have our own opinions and experiences with what works. the only thing we will all agree on is be safe, choose a healthy method, and work your *kitten* off! good luck to you!

my stats:

33 years old
    5 foot 10
    starting weight 9/2012 246
    current weight 7/2013 163
    goal weight 145-155
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have almost exactly the same stats as you (5' 4", 156 lbs, 34 years old) and I find that I lose best when I eat around 1300 calories per day. I also run 3x per week and lift 2x per week and I eat back my exercise calories.

I'm working on getting back into shape post-baby and I plan to keep eating around 1300 calories per day. I also go over in my calories on days I'm really hungry (like yesterday), but I make sure I'm eating high protein, healthy foods when I do so as much as possible. So usually about once a week I'm over my "allotted 1300 calories" and I find that it helps me.

Generally, as long as you aren't eating LESS than 1200 calories (especially with exercise) you should be fine. And you do really have to figure out what works for your body.

If you want to be friends, message me!
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? Are you drinking enough water? Being adequately hydrated helps your body not RETAIN water weight. I know it seems backward, but it's true. Exercising is also important when you're already within 20 lbs of your goal weight and trying to lose.

I haven't been exercising as much as I should honestly. When I first joined MFP I was trying to start running, but it's been so hot lately that I haven't walked faster than a walk in a while..

I'm trying to drink water, but I mostly drink tropicana orange juice (I do add it to my total calories) , because again it's been so hot lately that I'm finding it really hard to cut back as much as I should when I just went a refreshing glass of juice and water never seems the same. A lot of my daily calories lately have even going towards all the juice I drink actually, so I end up going over on my sugar limit all the time.
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also run 3x per week and lift 2x per week

Now I feel lazy lol! I'm going to try and get into exercise more and see if that makes a difference, thanks :)

It is interesting to know that someone else with the same stats as me can't lose weight at 1,500 calories either, even though it's supposedly calculated as being the bare minimum you can eat at my weight and height. It seems like it should be easy to drop weight from eating 1,500 if it's apparently as high as 2,200 to maintain??