Oh, the bitter loneliness of being an Instinct in a sea of Mystics and Valors. Woe is me.

Options
minizebu
minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
Yes, I am a grown woman who should have better things to do with my life.

My kids downloaded the game onto my phone as a diversion for me while I was recovering from a minor surgery. There happens to be a Pokestop so close to our house that I could collect items from the comfort of my living room couch while propped on pillows with an ice pack. Of course, that got me hooked, but, the real addiction began when I was mobile again.

Now, 174 km, 1,013 captures, 85 evolutions, 58 hatchings, 2,266 Pokestops and 109 Gym battles later, I've managed to reach Level 22. Sadly, I think that I'm one of a handful of Instincts in a three mile radius of my house.

The kids have lost interest and have mostly stopped playing. Me? A leisurely walk around the neighborhood turns into unexpected delight when I see yellow: "Ooh! Ooh! A yellow gym! A yellow gym! Huzzah!"

Are there any others out there that understand the isolation of being Yellow in a Blue and Red world?

Or, not. I'll still be pals with you even if you chose one of the other teams...Maybe. :P

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Chose instinct here, too. Don't see yellow that often.

Live in a bit of a pokewasteland, anyhow, so only ever hop into a gym as an opportunistic thing if, say, we pass it on the bus.