Snacking...

I have a serious snacking problem, and it's getting to the point if i even yo near the fridge i feel obligated to eat something. Do you guys have any low-calorie but fulling snacks besides fruit?

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Stop going near the fridge & empty it of temptation.

Carrots or other crisp veggies are good.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Mozzarella sticks, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, veggies and dip
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Portion out your snacks for the day. That way when you walk by the fridge you can just grab one of whatever it is you already figured into your calories. Have lots of fresh veggies cut up, fruit available, the ideas above, etc.
  • mcmahoj3
    mcmahoj3 Posts: 13 Member
    You can get some really low cal cream cheeses and salsas, great with carrot sticks or rice crackers (if you can spare the carbs on the crackers). Sugar free jelly is awesome for a sweet tooth. Or you can have portioned out proteins ready to go. Water, black coffee or Pepsi Max (I have a Pepsi Max problem
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Eggs, Greek yogurt, fresh veggies.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Veggies and hummus, Popcorn, Pretzels, Pita Chips, Roasted Chick Peas, Roasted Edamame
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Obligation to eat when near the fridge sounds frightening...LOL

If you gotta grab every time you go near it, grab things like string cheese, regular cheese slices, mini babybel cheese, raw veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower), a yogurt cup, jello cup, pudding cup, hard boil you some eggs, fruit cups, portion you out a nut or trail mix snack.
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    I've been seeing this brand of ice cream online lately - I haven't tried them out myself, but I plan to the next time I head to Whole Foods. They're called HaloTop and they range from like 240-280 calories per pint!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Vegetables and hummus works well. Also I snack on cherry tomatoes. Air popped popcorn is another good one.
  • kdoster
    kdoster Posts: 1 Member
    Gosh...I know your pain! Have some low or sugar free drinks in the fridge. I have found this helps me tremendously when I have the munchies. Vitamin Water Zero, kombucha and sparkling water are some of my faves. If I'm still craving, I'll turn to baby carrots or a rice cake with sugar free jelly. Yum!!!
  • nananakoop
    nananakoop Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'll make sure to stack up on veggies when i go shopping next!