Work Day squeezed in exercises

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what everyone is doing to sneak in some extra cardio/strength training while at work all day. I'm an introvert type who does not like being watched while I work out (unless I'm at the gym, and then I could care less) so I go into the ladies room and every time I'm in there I make sure I do 10 reps of one particular exercise throughout the day. The last two days I was doing squats, but today I'm doing reverse leg kicks. It adds up to 60+ reps a day! I also make myself get up and walk around the building a few times a day for extra steps.

What are some options that everyone else is trying?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also have 3lb weights that I use at my desk a few times a day as well.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I walk on my lunch break - hot, cold, sunny, or raining.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I don't need to sneak anything in, as at the start of the day I have to help do restock [which means I carry around 25 pound boxes of product for an hour]. It's kinda like walking around with a 10kg weighted vest.
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I also try to get a couple of 10-15 minute walks into my day. We have a gym in my facility, so that's a great resource to be able to still walk when it's raining or to get in some weights. I also like to use the stairwells from time to time - going up and down the stairs 10 or so times. I keep an extra stick of deodorant, a fan and $3 bottle of knock off Docle & Gabana light blue body mist from Target at my desk. :smile:
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually get up early, do strength training/cardio for about 1-1.5 hrs. Work 9-5, come home then take an hour long walk.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I work overnight at a hotel so it's really easy for me during my downtime to get in extra push-ups and squats. I brought a change of clothes the other day and ran for 20 minutes on a treadmill. that seemed to work out for me. Now I know I'm one of the few that work the graveyard shift and have time to do that sort of work out. I guess whatever your job is, there are ton of things you can do. If you work in an office instead of using a chair use a medicine ball. And Heck if you do work in an office do some of those exercises out in the crowd. Your bosses might take notice and you might Inspire others to do the same.
    It's hard to make suggestions when your occupation is hidden. I'm basing this only on your original post though
  • BettyEtte
    BettyEtte Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bought a 30 lb kettlebell, and do some swings when I get tired of sitting.
  • khristiana
    Options
    These are all great ideas. I just bought a Sole E35 elliptical and it's being delivered to my home tomorrow, so my plan is to do cardio/strength training in the morning before work! I like the stairwell idea a lot, though we do not have stairs here. I work in the sales office of an ice cream manufacturing company in California. I like to get up a lot and walk out the front door, through the parking lot, and in the back door back to my desk, that plus the extra steps of trading walking to talk to co-workers over emails.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    meh, I just do things throughout the day to get a little more activity...I take the stairs, I park a little further away from the office building, etc. I have a fitness plan and I follow that...there's really no need to sneak in extra work IMO.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I walk on my lunch break - hot, cold, sunny, or raining.

This^

I do a "walking" video from YouTube when it's rainy or snowy (I shut my door). Just bring some sneaks, baby wipes and deodorant.

• khristiana
    Options
    The only reason I want to add additional work outs during the day is because I have a lot of weight to lose, about 85 pounds. I'm fully committed to my weight loss for health reasons, so I just wanted some extra thoughts on ways to stay active during the day, when I have a sedentary job. :smile:
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I will walk/run the stairwell. It's only a 3 story building, but I'll try running up them as fast as I can.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    khristiana wrote: »
    The only reason I want to add additional work outs during the day is because I have a lot of weight to lose, about 85 pounds. I'm fully committed to my weight loss for health reasons, so I just wanted some extra thoughts on ways to stay active during the day, when I have a sedentary job. :smile:

Nothing wrong with that at all.
    Just make sure logging is on point too
  • khristiana
    Options

khristiana wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that at all.
    Just make sure logging is on point too

I log every single day, and I love everything I eat and drink, including condiments and zero calorie drinks such as tea. Feel free to add me as a friend! I have an open food diary as well, and I know I could use the encouragement.