Who plans on...

Options
13»

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
    I am only a month into maintenance and at this point I don't see myself stopping logging. I weigh daily and have no plans to stop that so at some point I might not log as meticulously as I do now and I may guesstimate portions instead of weighing them, but logging is such a part of my routine that I really don't see giving that up. I think of my calorie goal as a budget much like my bank account and I am one of those people who balances my bank account every day. I don't really see much difference in that and in balancing my food diary every day.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I will log forever. I gain weight when I don't weigh my food & log it. I love to lie to myself about food & food that tastes good naturally has a larger portion size than other foods in my mind :) . Food & I have a dysfunctional relationship & we need the structure of daily logging to maintain a healthy balance. I wish that I could eat intuitively, but instead I am the odd person you see weighing my portions out at restaurants.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Your thinking is soooo right on with mine lol unhealthy foods always naturally have to be in bigger portions in my head, it's just crazy how we can convince ourselves of a lie lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I already know enough about portions to know that I can stop logging today. I do not desire to stop logging today. Rather, I want to log all the way to maintenance and for several weeks afterward to keep a tight awareness of my calorie deficit/surplus and its impact on my average weight.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Nope. I lost it, and want to keep it off.
    Logging keeps me aware and helps me stay focused on my biggest goal of all, keeping the weight off for the rest of my life. The way it has to be for me, and it is honestly no problem at all.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning to wean myself off MFP. In the past I stopped logging and gained weight back. This time I'm at goal (actually below) and continue using to log. First Tim I've maintained a goal weight for 5 months after reaching it. Logging keeps me honest.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I logged for the first 6 months or so, and have been able to keep it off apart from a handful of pounds. I found it MFP really helped me understand what my maintenance calories looked it on the plate, how to plan meals and make sure I got the nutrients I needed. As long as I maintain the same dietary habits, I'm fine. Every now and then, I'll log a few days to get back on track after a business trip or something, but I mostly don't bother logging anything except my weight, which I track every day.

I did find it really useful logging when I had to tackle high cholesterol, so MFP logging is handy for non-weightloss reasons too.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep logging. I love food, and high calorie foods at that. This is my 4th round losing weight (1 in high school, 1 in college, 1 last year, and now). I'm the lowest I've been since my college graduation, and I don't want to keep playing this game and doing this gain/lose cycle with my body. I've got 3-4lbs before I meet the high end of my goal, and 8 before I hit the low end of my goal. I want off of the merry-go-round, and being consistent with logging is the only way I see it being possible.
  • hikernut53
    hikernut53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on continuing logging when I reach maintenance. I'm getting close now, and I'm actually a little bit scared about it. I am testing the waters, so to speak, by trying to slow down the rate of loss for the last 10 lbs. It's hard to give myself the extra calories. I'm so afraid of gaining it back. I NEED MFP!