Skinny 105 lb 5'3 - whats the correct excersice?

Options
Finally eating a little above 2000 calories a day. (2000 calorie diet includes 2 protein shakes a day) I have NOT started working out yet. Is this ok? I will start hitting the gym in a week God willing. ( just trying to prepare myself) my goal is 120lbs. Just need to know, where the heck do i start? What should be my routine? And do i HAVE to do cardio? I dont want to get skinnier :( plz advise. I would appreciate it.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat more & lift weights! No you do not have to do cardio, this is down to your goals and personal preference.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Prepare yourself for what?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Your goal is to gain 15 pounds? Eat more.

And you need some fitness goals before you step into the gym.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Eat more & lift weights! No you do not have to do cardio, this is down to your goals and personal preference.

this..

and you should get on a structured lifting program ....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    suzyy721 wrote: »
    Finally eating a little above 2000 calories a day. (2000 calorie diet includes 2 protein shakes a day) I have NOT started working out yet. Is this ok? I will start hitting the gym in a week God willing. ( just trying to prepare myself) my goal is 120lbs. Just need to know, where the heck do i start? What should be my routine? And do i HAVE to do cardio? I dont want to get skinnier :( plz advise. I would appreciate it.

I would with a structured lifting plan like strongcurves. The biggest thing is working on form and starting light.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • suzyy721
    suzyy721 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I meant im just eating higher calories right now before the gym...just preparing my body to get used to eating more. Then i will start the gym.
  • suzyy721
    Options

Thank you so much Trigden :)
  • suzyy721
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I would with a structured lifting plan like strongcurves. The biggest thing is working on form and starting light.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thanks Psulemon, i really appreciate the information :)
  • suzyy721
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

this..

and you should get on a structured lifting program ....

Thanks ndj! :)
  • suzyy721
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Your goal is to gain 15 pounds? Eat more.

And you need some fitness goals before you step into the gym.

Going straight to it. Thanks Roxie! :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

I meant im just eating higher calories right now before the gym...just preparing my body to get used to eating more. Then i will start the gym.

It's fine for a little time, just make sure that if you aren't doing progressive resistance/weight training, than all your gains will be fat (well, outside of increase glycogen storage and increased waste).