2»

Replies

• courtneyallisonatx
    courtneyallisonatx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Google coffee cellulite cream, it's made mostly from coconut oil and used coffee grounds. The explanation I received was that the caffeine is absorbed by the skin, promotes blood flow and thus reduces cellulite. I'm no expert or scientist, but it makes sense to me, doesn't cost much and I didn't see any harm in trying it, I've been using it myself for about 2 weeks or so.

Unfortunately, creams and products that make these kinds of promises are scams. :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No creams, caffeine or other magic potions work. I can tell you my genetics rule. But I also exercise where no one else in my biological family does and have beat this cellulite dead horse to the curb (most of it). My cellulite is way less than it was..

Loosing body fat and strength training is where it's at! :):)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    No creams, caffeine or other magic potions work. I can tell you my genetics rule. But I also exercise where no one else in my biological family does and have beat this cellulite dead horse to the curb (most of it). My cellulite is way less than it was..

Loosing body fat and strength training is where it's at! :):)

^^ This. I had cellulite at around 22% BF. Not a huge amount, but enough. I'm now around 16%BF and have filled my legs out with squats and deadlifts. And lots and lots of water. I don't have any visible cellulite anymore unless I really flex my butt. I think the deadlifts to build up your hamstrings help more than anything.

Edit* I'm also a Pear, so I store my fat in my legs (mostly upper inner thighs).
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I found lifting heavy is the only thing that even kinda sorta helps. My legs look way better at 130 now then they did when I was 105.

I make home made body scrubs with oil/coffee/sugar. Leaves my skin incredibly soft and smells AMAZING!! Haven't noticed that it's done anything cellulite wise though...